Secure or unsecure site

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Hello everyone! Quick question. When you are on this site, is it secure or unsecure? Up in the address bar the secure lock symbol is not there but instead it shows that this site is unsecure and recommends not posting any personal info etc. I don't remember in the past having it pop up that this site wasn't secure / safe but it is popping up now the last 3 or 4 times I have logged in.. Just wondering if it is just me getting this or if all of you are. Wanted to check with you guys before I check to see if I need to do some tweaking with my computer and Norton.
SusieQ

I noticed the same thing not too long ago Susan. I was also surprised it wasn't secure.
Elaine
eoconnell

It's been "unsecure" for quite a while.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I hadn't noticed that. Do we need to be concerned?
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I don't know if it is anything to be concerned about, Kathy. My Norton goes bananas when I login here letting me know the site is unsecure and it use to not do that. I wasn't sure if something changed here or if Norton is being extra sensitive and I just need to let Norton know this site is OK and to quite warning me...LOL. So I was just questioning why I get the warning now and in the past I didn't.

Basically what Norton is telling me is to be cautious about posting sensitive and personal things as the site can be easily hacked since it is unsecure. I think caution should be taken on any site as even secure sites have been hacked.
SusieQ

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think this site has ever been secure. I'll check with my hubby and see if there is a way we can make it so. As a general rule, I don't post personal information online--period. My philosophy tends to be: if you're hesitant about sharing something online its probably best not to share it.

I'll check with PS and see what he says and try to be back in touch soon.
Whispers

Return to Chit Chat