Hello!

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Hello everyone!

Some of you commented and asked me about my moving that I mentioned on Barry's challenge for the hump day challenge. Thought I would post here and fill in some details for you all.

Currently my son is here in Illinois with us. He has the opportunity to move to southern California (LA area). I know he wanted to take it but he wouldn't go unless we moved too. He wasn't happy about leaving us here alone. Although we have many friends here, all our family that once lived here is either deceased or now living in CA. We thought long and hard about it and decided it was something we needed to do for our son. He has been very helpful in being there for us when we have needed him amd we need to do this in return for him. It's a wonderful opportunity for him. He will be living in Glendale and it is looking like we might be about 15 minutes from him in Pasadena. That's not set in stone yet but that is where we think we might land....at least for the next year.

It is so overwhelming and so much to do! I have the rest of this month and all of next month to eliminate a lot of stuff that we are not taking with us and pack up what we are taking. Planning on packing my craft room last and yes....all of my craft room is going with me! But I really haven't had time to do much crafting lately with everything I have going on. I'm looking forward to getting this move over and behind me and back to somewhat of a normal life. Then I can join you all again with doing challenges. I'm keeping up on the birthday club so no worries there about the move putting me behind with that. Once I move I will also let Golda know my new address for the birthday card club participants..

That's what is going on in my life! Any of you ever live in California? If so, did you like it? It's not really a state I would have chosen on my own to move to but hoping that I will end up liking it.
SusieQ

Thanks for the info, Susan. And I am happy for you, and your son, that you'll be joining him. We've really missed living close to family since we moved to WI... and we are only two states away from them. I can't imagine being half a continent away!
Will be praying that your trip goes smoothly, and that you and your hubby are still on speaking terms when you finally do get settled. (Happened to my sweet hubby and me. Luckily we are friends again now!!)
Take care and keep in touch.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Susan, thanks for the update and you have huge challenge ahead of you and your family...
good luck and let us what going on.....hugs
terrie

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Thanks for the info, Susan. And I am happy for you, and your son, that you'll be joining him. We've really missed living close to family since we moved to WI... and we are only two states away from them. I can't imagine being half a continent away!
Will be praying that your trip goes smoothly, and that you and your hubby are still on speaking terms when you finally do get settled. (Happened to my sweet hubby and me. Luckily we are friends again now!!)
Take care and keep in touch.

Kathy , your post made me giggle as hubby and I are already having our differences on this move. We are having to downsize bigtime for this move. Let's just say one of us is letting go of things easier than the other. One of us seems to think he can fit a 4 bedroom townhouse into a 2 bedroom condo.......LOL!
SusieQ

I totally understand your husband's point of view. It's so hard to let go of the stuff you might need at some point. However, all snow stuff, heavy coats, etc. you can give away! You definitely won't need it in that area. A light jacket will be about the most you need. :D A plus about moving to a different climate.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Susan, good luck with the move. My hubby is not a hoarder but he is definitely a saver. He has moved some electronic parts to each of our homes for the entire 45 years we have been married because "I might need them some time". I would love to downsize to a maintenance provided home but I dread the packing!
Ellie

Return to Chit Chat