Hello from Sheri

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Sheri wanted me to pass along a hello to everyone. Their family is still really busy - they do have 2 young children. :lol: She is going to try to stop in again, soon.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Thanks for passing that message along, Golda! I had to find a bit of time to get the crop forum set up, so here I am!

Things have been so busy... I think there's a black hole out there somewhere that just sucks up the time, because most of the time we're not doing that much... So where else could the time go? :lol:

On the up side, I did make a card this week. I'm not sure I got a picture though. It was just a simple colored card base (silver with a bit of a shiny metallic sheen) and a rectangular panel of diagonally striped paper, and a 3-d sticker from Michaels. It really did turn out quite stunning.
We needed something for "Teacher Appreciation Week"--yes week. They do something each day and you don't have to participate if you don't want to. Monday was bring your teacher a flower day. Tuesday they were off school for a teacher professional development day. Wednesday was Specials Teacher Day--so Bug made little cards for her PE/music/etc teachers. She used some DP with flowers on it and stickers on some of them and washi tape and stickers on the others. Thursday was "Book Dedication Day"--they could bring a new or lightly used book to donate to the teacher's classroom library. And they could put a note in the front. Bug was excited because she said she thinks that Mrs. H is going to read her book to the class. And today was "Gifts of Gratitude Day"--a card and/or gift/gift card to the classroom teacher. I made the card with a note in it from my husband and myself (you know...Me basically). And Bug had picked a charm and beads to make her a necklace. She strung them herself and then she helped me do the jump ring and clasp on the end.
She will be 7 soon and before we know it, 1st grade will be over. Time flies!

I'm still working on my tooth fairy project. Thankfully I still have a bit of time...That first tooth is loose, but not ready to come out yet. Bug has a loft bed and I do not want to be trying to reach up there (where I can't see) and find her pillow and all that. SO...I'm trying to make a little sign with a clip that will hold a little bag. I couldn't find one of those tiny little drawstring bags. Well--Michaels had some but I had to buy like 20 or so and I didn't want to spend so much and buy so many when I only needed one... So I got a little piece of fabric at Walmart ($1) and made one. I'm not the greatest seamstress, but it turned out pretty well (so long as you don't look too closely at my stitching--I can't hand sew a straight line to save my life.) So now I just need to do the sign. I was doing some sanding on it yesterday. Maybe I'll get it painted today.

Blue is getting so big. He's such a funny little guy. Lately he's been telling us "I wanna big boy bike too!" :lol: I'm not sure he's quite ready for that. Though he was doing pretty well on the tricycle last night. He loves to go for "bike-cycle" rides. His seat is on Daddy's bike and he has "his" little section of the handlebars where he can hold. But Daddy won't let him have the breaks! He tells Daddy to go fast and as they go he points to things and asks "That?" and then when he gets an answer he says "Ok." He loves when I take him for walks after work too. He will now have an entire discussion with me about the rocks. He describes them (with a little prompting) telling me that they're hard, rough, bumpy, and bigger than Daddy. :lol: He loves to watch the other walkers/joggers, cyclists, and doggies. He's also quick to point out when he sees a birdie. He enjoys it very much and he is very observant!

Well, I should probably go for now and get some work done.
You all take care and make some lovely cards in my honor! :)
Whispers

Wow! Sounds like you are busy and the little ones are growing quickly, as well. Enjoy every moment of this fun time in their lives.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Sheri - you are definitely a busy lady!

Today I have my "adopted" granddaughter with me. She just turned 3 and is full of energy and spunk! She and Rosie (our dog) were playing in the living room, just out of my sight from the kitchen, when it got very very quiet. I peeked around the corner and Rosie was sleeping on the love seat and Presleigh had curled up on the sofa and was almost asleep! You bet I'm doing as many chores as I can while they are asleep...how did I ever manage things with 3 little ones under the age of 5? At least by the time Katrina was born, the older three were 11, 8 1/2, and 7, and they were a lot of help! Enjoy your time with the little people Sheri, because it disappears all too fast!
Trudeenr

Return to Chit Chat