Are you ready for Christmas?

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
I am very close. Finally got some presents under the tree. Actually, Friday will be busier for me. My daughters family is coming for our Christmas together on Sat. and several other family members are coming to see them, so I'll have a house full that evening. Actual Christmas day will be kind of quiet (which is fine with me). My daughter moved 2 & 1/2 hours away, about 5 years ago (just about killed me but when they're adults, their going to do what their going to do). :(
Just a few more things to finish up in my craft room, then I can clean up, because it's a MESS and I don't like that.
I've been sorting through paper and cleaning/purging/reorganizing drawers, so I want to continue on with that after Christmas. Plus actually dust and vacuum (I know, who wants to clean while you're in your craft room, Right!), but it needs done. Hopefully, I'll have some new crafty items to put away after Christmas. ;)
Geminijen

I actually got the last of my presents on Saturday afternoon (mail) and got those wrapped yesterday. We don't do a lot of gifts, but it was nice to have them done and ready.

This is the first year we are hosting everyone, so I'll have to clean when I get home from work today. Tomorrow, after work, I'll do the desserts (only 2). Wednesday evening we are going to my folks for clam chowder and sandwiches, then to the candlelight service at church.

Thursday, as we are hosting, we don't have to get up so early. I'll probably have to do a quick wipe down of everything and start making tea, etc. However, I'm not getting up before 7. Yes!

It will be nice to have it all at our house and not have to travel.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I'm ready except for wrapping an imaginary gift. :lol: I ordered a ring for my daughter from her wish list. It was to be her biggest gift. A few days after the order went through, I got an email from the company saying they were sold out in her size. They will not have more until the end of January.I was given the option of canceling the order or getting a 20% discount for waiting. What do you think I chose, Bargain Hunters? Right!!! 20% Discount...cha ching! Amy is 37 years old so It's not like I'm disappointing a child. I will wrap an empty box with a photo of the ring and tell her the whole story.

Otherwise. I just need to buy and prepare the food for Christmas dinner at our house. So, a little light cleaning and cooking on Wednesday and I will be good to go. I'm actually looking forward to Friday more than Christmas. We are going out to dinner with our best friends, driving around looking at Christmas lights and then back to our house to exchange a gift. It will be a very relaxing, no pressure evening-I love it!
Ellie

Ellie, I'm thinking your daughter will be thrilled, even if she has to wait for it. Your Christmas and day after sound lovely.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

You girls sound like you have the plan down, sometimes thats the hardest part. ;)

Ellie, I've had to do that before. She'll have it before she knows it.
Geminijen

No, I'm not ready I'll be doing things at the last minute...
School is out so I have two of the grand-daughters with me
so Tuesday they will be with me while I do more errands
Vince will bring me grocery shopping Tuesday night
Wednesday I'll be getting most of the cooking down that can be done before Christmas Day
I have my daughters and their family over the house for lunch and openning of the gifts and then
dessert time afterward...
I close the craft room until next week no more card making for a bit.

Just looking forward in quality time with my family and the grand-children
Spending time which we can all be together is a big treat for me...I love being together during
Christmas time...
terrie

All the presents have been bought and wrapped...well, until today's mail came! Stephen's brother decided to send presents (after the family decided not to do gifts) so I need to mail something out to him and the adult nieces.

Joseph is having a friends' party tomorrow night...Christmas Eve is booked solid and Christmas is here as well...I hope I haven't forgot to buy any of the food items as the fridge is packed to the gills and I have to stop an avalanche every time I open it. ;)

Santa needs to wrap a few things but it's all organized and ready to go.
Trudeenr

I'm embarrassed to admit I'm no where near ready. Still have gifts to buy, decorating to get done, making a dish for Christmas Day as I'm having dinner at a friend's house and I said I'd bring a side dish plus dessert! Then I need to do some food shopping as I'm having my brother and his family over on the 28th. I'm still working but hoping to take tomorrow off so I can get past minute things done! Definitely taking all next week off so I can relax a little!
Ceewater

We have had a Roller Coaster of events in the last few days. First my Son In Laws sister died from a Massive Heart Attack last week and she was his last surviving family member. He had to fly to Washington DC Saturday to identify her body and try to sort through her belongings to find her info and get into her bank accounts. This is why it is so inparitive to have a Will or at least let your family know the info and your wishes. So we are going to go get my Grandson, my daughter will stay at home, and travel to Wyoming today to stay with our youngest daughter and her family. We are getting so much snow tomorrow so we probably won't be able to get over the passes to come home until Saturday. They have gates that they close and you just have to turn around and wait it out. As for presents I am done and the Jeep will be loaded ;) My middle daughter will work until her store closes and she will be so tired from the 6 day work weeks that she will just sleep until Friday when she has to do it all over again with the returns....
Well I better go as we are leaving soon.
Much Love to all and have a very
Merry Christmas!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Well, I've been MIA precisely because I've been getting ready. We had to be ready for Christmas by Saturday the 20th... We left Sunday morning after church to go to Mom & Dad's--So here we are!! So everything was wrapped, laundry done and packed, concerts sung, (most of) the bills paid, the car packed and all. Now here we are...

Mom and Bug baked cookies yesterday (with the Pillsbury dough boy's help). Bug liked that. They did Frozen ones, as well as Christmas trees and snowmen. Mom and I plan to attempt some peanut butter fudge today...We'll see how that goes. We "did" Christmas on Monday with my sister and BIL as they are with his family on Thursday. It was great to see them. We (Bug included) hadn't seen them in 2 years. It was great for Bug to actually get a chance to meet and spend some time with them again. (She couldn't really remember meeting them before...Having only been 1 and 1/2 the last time she saw them.)

Church service tonight and then bed for Bug...And I can't wait to have my family open their gifts!!! :lol: :) :)

I've also been trying to think through a couple things on the site...I haven' gotten very far with that though. I'll see what I can come up with in January. (However, the jury summons may put a damper on my new year!)

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!!!
Whispers

Return to Chit Chat