Guess What?

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
364 days until Christmas. :lol:
Just wanted to keep you on your toes, wouldn't want it to sneak up on you. ;)
Geminijen

Oh, I can't wait!!
(PS- You are so funny, Jen!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Jen, have you finished your shopping?
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Jen, have you finished your shopping?

Almost. :lol:
Geminijen

Great idea, Jen. It does seem to surprise people every year. We went out for a burger on the 23rd and the shopping area was jammed. Someone should have told those poor folks when Christmas was going to be held this year. LOL!
Ellie

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Oh, I can't wait!!
(PS- You are so funny, Jen!)

Kathy, Jenny is a hoot and a holler! She keeps me laughing....especially when I need it the most!

So who is out there shopping and taking advantage of the after Christmas sales? I have a friend who shops the week after Christmas every year for presents for the next Christmas. She gets most of her shopping done and only has to pick up one or two presents once Christmas rolls around again. She's out there today shopping as I type this! She finds some really great deals too. I personally have no desire to shop right after Christmas....not even for a really good sale.
SusieQ

I'm with you Susan..I have no desire to go out shopping.
I received two $50.00 gift card for Michaels and I still don't want to go out...
It was a busy Christmas and I just want to sit around and do NOTHING...
terrie

I used to hit a Hallmark store on the 26th to buy gift wrap for the next year but it got to be more hassle than it was worth. Just by accident my friend and I discovered that you can get great bargains on all kinds of things on New Year's Day and the stores are not crowded at all. The only down side is that most of the good Christmas items are gone or severely picked over. We have found some good things through the years and we are thinking about going shopping this coming January 1st.
Ellie

I would have loved to gone shopping Fri or today, but couldn't because we had Christmas with my daughters family today.
My husband is off all next week until Friday and we're definitely going shopping. :D
Geminijen

Good for you Jen! I'm hoping to drag my hubby to Ikea next week. We are going to totally redo my craft room!!! He is going to put up a whole wall of Ikea bookcases, move all of my overhead lights and build a new work area for me. WOO HOO!!

I will take before and after photos to post. The only bad part is that I will be out of business for at least a month. We are ripping up the carpet and having tile laid by a professional. The rest will be DIY. I'm going to paint & covering up the old yellow paint will be tough. We will be starting in a couple of weeks-I can't wait!
Ellie

Next

Return to Chit Chat