Guess What?

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
I wish we had an Ikea. I hear wonderful things about that place.

Ellie, I am excited for you!! Can't wait to see the end results. I have started looking at a new paint color for my craft room. I'd like to paint and make new curtains this Winter. I love to paint my craft room, because I can paint it any color I want. It doesn't have to "go with" anything else in the house and it's mine ALL MINE. :D
Geminijen

Have fun with it, Ellie! Congrats!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

They have such good deals on paper before Christmas that you really don't need to wait till after Christmas anymore. I must have really stocked up 3 or 4 years ago because I still have enough to last a couple more years. I'm actually tired of the paper I have!

Ellie, I'm so excited for you but it will be a long month or so if you are out of commission. What fun to create a new room though!
Elaine
eoconnell

LOL... Too funny!

Mom and I actually did go shopping the day after Christmas. Not to hit a sale though. Hubby (PS) took us to Branson (MO--about an hour or so from my parents' house). We took Mom out to lunch and then he dropped Mom and I off at an awesome scrapbook store (and we also went to the dulcimer shop next door) while he took Bug geocaching. I spent my birthday money. :D And got some new toys that I don't have a good way to find around here. (that I know of!)

Last year I went shopping with my MIL on New Year's Day (for my FIL's birthday presents mainly). There were a lot of good deals out there. I was rather surprised.
Whispers

Sheri, where is the scrapbooking store in Branson? I didn't think they had one anymore. We go to Branson once or twice a year and I'd love to go there. (Of course!)
Ellie

Ellie wrote:Sheri, where is the scrap-booking store in Branson? I didn't think they had one anymore. We go to Branson once or twice a year and I'd love to go there. (Of course!)

You'd have to ask Mom where it is. I've only been to Branson twice (ever) and to that store once. I can say that the building doesn't really look like a scrapbook store. Inside the "mall"is the scrapbook store and a dulcimer shop and a vintage photography type shop (though I saw several of those as we drove through town, so that probably won't narrow things down! lol). The building was orange I think. I think it had a vapor shop attached to it to...but I wasn't paying attention to that.
Whispers

Whispers wrote:
Ellie wrote:Sheri, where is the scrap-booking store in Branson? I didn't think they had one anymore. We go to Branson once or twice a year and I'd love to go there. (Of course!)

You'd have to ask Mom where it is. I've only been to Branson twice (ever) and to that store once. I can say that the building doesn't really look like a scrapbook store. Inside the "mall"is the scrapbook store and a dulcimer shop and a vintage photography type shop (though I saw several of those as we drove through town, so that probably won't narrow things down! lol). The building was orange I think. I think it had a vapor shop attached to it to...but I wasn't paying attention to that.

Hmmm... I would think if you check for Dulcimer shops that might narrow down the search?! (I actually know what a dulcimer is... and love the haunting sound they produce. However, can't say I've ever seen a shop for them up in this neck of the states! But, if you are looking for cheese shops... they are within walking distance of most places in Wisconsin!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Sheri....did you or your mom purchase something there? If so...do you still have your receipt? If so it may have the store name...address...phone number on it.
SusieQ

Ellie, the shop is called Scrapbooks Forever. They are located on the 76 main strip. They have a website with all their information on it. www.scrapbooksforeverbranson.com. They have been there for 14 years and this particular owner has had it for 5 years. Her family also has Cedar Creek Dulcimers in the same strip mall. They have loads and stuff and more dies and embossing folders than I have ever seen in one place. (online doesn't count!)

If you get to go shop, let me know and maybe I could meet you there! I can't drive right now, but a friend of mine love to shop there!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Thanks for the info, Marilyn and Sheri. That is where I used to go. I think that maybe the signs on the building changed a few years ago and that made me think they were gone. It is a good store as I recall. I will have to go next time I'm there. We won't head that way in winter weather. Our annual trip is always in October and sometimes we throw in another one. It would be fun to meet you there for some retail therapy and enabling. :lol:
Ellie

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat