Regarding Challenges

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Hello everyone! Yes, it is me and I do still exist. And yes, life is still crazy. We're making progress toward a crafting space, but I'm not sure how long it will take... I miss you all and crafting, but my crafting space is now occupied by a growing little boy and we don't have anywhere else at this time to dedicate to that.

A huge thanks to Ellie, Elaine, and Golda for keeping things going. I know Ellie is needing a break. Elaine has agreed to take over the Monday challenge organizing. However, my understanding is that challenge participation has been down. It has been suggested that perhaps you all might prefer to go to one challenge a week rather than two.

What are your thoughts on this? I wanted to get input from you all on this before we decided on anything. Please post and let us know!

Thank you for your input!
Whispers

While you're pondering, please also consider if you want to keep prizes for Mondays and also if we keep it at 2 days a week, weigh in on if you think we should have two different types of challenges (like techniques, fun folds, layouts, etc.) or just keep both general. If anyone missed Ellie's plea and cares to volunteer to take over one of the challenges, please let me know. I'm happy to share the duties - just trying to keep things running here at WCC. Thank you!
Elaine
eoconnell

Well, since we are on the subject of changes, I will let you know now that I am taking a break from WCC. I will be hosting the Wednesday challenge on October 10th and then I will be gone. I have decided that my card making needs to be for a good purpose so I am devoting most of my craft time to making Cards for Soldiers. It's a small thing I can do for the people who are our military presence all over the world. There are no Hallmark stores in Afghanistan. I am deep in the throws of Valentines and Easter cards right now.

My other devotion is for making cards to spread the word on Suicide Prevention. Three members of my extended family were victims of a murder/suicide in February. This has shaken me to the core and made me determined to do whatever I can to prevent this from happening so often. The statistics on Suicide are staggering! If you or anyone you know has thoughts of self harm please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.

I don't know when or if I will come back. One day at a time.
Ellie

Ellie, you will be deeply missed. I applaud your dedication to both very worthwhile causes. You can always troll us! :lol:
Elaine
eoconnell

Ellie, you will be missed, but both of those are great causes, so enjoy throwing yourself into them.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie, your posting saddens me for several reasons. I am so sorry for your losses due to suicide/murder. I cannot even fathom how painful that is. I will also miss keeping in touch via this site. However, it sounds like you have found great ways to share your wonderful stamping skills. Thanks for all you have given to this forum, and the ones before it. You will be missed
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

eoconnell wrote:While you're pondering, please also consider if you want to keep prizes for Mondays and also if we keep it at 2 days a week, weigh in on if you think we should have two different types of challenges (like techniques, fun folds, layouts, etc.) or just keep both general. If anyone missed Ellie's plea and cares to volunteer to take over one of the challenges, please let me know. I'm happy to share the duties - just trying to keep things running here at WCC. Thank you!

Elaine, I am open to whatever the group decides. I am noticing several challenge sites have closed down this past year, so am glad that this one is still here... and appreciate the work that many of you do [and have done] behind the scenes to help that happen. I'd love to help share the duties but can't commit to that for a bit. Need to wait and see what happens with my job. Right now it appears that I'll lose both of my staff after Friday. So will take some time to determine what my job will look like. I don't have a clue right now. When I have a better sense of that... I'll let you know.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

So sad to see Ellie leaving you will be missed and wishing her the best in her adventure still in card making...I hope you'll miss us and come back soon.
Whatever decision is made for this site and challenges I will still follow....
terrie

I'm thinking Monday challenges, but maybe with no prize. I look forward to checking here first thing Monday mornings to see what the challenge is. Not sure if providing prizes is a problem for some of us, hence the no prize idea.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I am open to whatever works best for everyone. I love being able to share in a small group and seeing all the different interruptions for the same challenge.

Ellie - you will be greatly missed. I'm sorry to hear about your losses.
Trudeenr

Next

Return to Chit Chat