Checking in

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Oh yes, I'm still here. I want to share what I've been doing. I've spent the last two days making these 20 cards of appreciation for our soldiers. I will sign them and send them on to Cards For Soldiers. They will then be sent to deployed soldiers to let them know that they are thought of and appreciated. I am also working on Valentines and Easter Cards for them to send back home to family and friends. I will see you guys next Wednesday for the challenge. Have a great weekend!
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (115.56 KiB) Viewed 1649 times
Ellie

Ellie - they are great!

I know when my cousins was deployed overseas, they loved getting mail! They would also tell us of co-workers who didn't get mail and we would send "extras" in their package or our family would adopt them and send care packages directly to them. Of course, this was before cell phones and emails, so "happy" mail was a blessing for everyone!
Trudeenr

Ellie, so proud of you for getting involved in such a worthwhile cause. Beautiful cards and I'm sure they will be much appreciated.
Elaine
eoconnell

I hope you are enjoying the crop. I just sealed my next box going to Cards For Soldiers. I made 100 cards this time. I am also sending some of my paper stash because there are some volunteers in Michigan who turn donated supplies into cards.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (94.51 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
Ellie

You have been incredibly busy. Those are great and I am so glad you are enjoying what you are doing, Ellie.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

What a blessing your cards will be to so many, Ellie.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Wow Ellie, that's a lot of cards for such a short crafting time! I know the military personnel that receive them will feel the love!
Trudeenr

Return to Chit Chat