Sheri says Hello!

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Sheri has been going through lots and the kids are little, so she's not able to be on here much, but she says hello to everyone!

Please keep her in your prayers, right now, as she's dealing with health stuff.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I'm sorry to hear of her health issues but all the best to her and "Hello Sheri" if you see this!
Elaine
eoconnell

I hope whatever Sheri is going through that it's gets better soon.....take care Sheri and sending hugs your way
terrie

Hi all
I hope you all are doing well. Thank you for the greetings and well wishes. As Golda said, I've been dealing with this "issue." I don't want to go into too much detail as anyone can come here and read posts on this forum. But in very general terms--I have a tumor in my neck. The doctors I've spoken to say that this type is usually benign, however it does need to come out. So the surgery is scheduled January 22nd at Vanderbilt. Happy 2019... I have lots of concerns, but I'm trying to stay positive. I've been doing a lot of praying about the situation. It isn't pleasant by any stretch of the imagination, but it could be much worse.

Prayers are appreciated

In happier news, I did make a couple cards and a few tags for Christmas. ok...so like 2 cards. Supplies consisted of silver cardstock, Christmas washi tape, a bought package of wooden stars with pop dots on the back, and a red sharpie marker I used to write on the inside. The tags used some $1 gem bling from walmart and glittered washi tape. They were nice though. I'll see if I can find a picture and get it up here sometime soon.

Happy crafting my friends--I have to go for now, it is dinner time and then time for bedtime-prep. (wish us luck there! :roll: :lol: )
Whispers

Sheri - I'll keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery and good news! If there is something that I can do, please let me know...
Trudeenr

Thanks Trudeen!

Vanderbilt called yesterday and they had to change my surgery date to January 24th. I'm just ready to have it done and go on with life...
Whispers

I bet you are. I'll be praying for you.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Hello all. I hope you're doing well. I just thought I'd hop on for a moment and update you all. My surgery was 3 weeks ago yesterday. I'm healing; it is looking better. I'm looking forward to being able to do things normally--like yawn, sleep, shower... So many things that you don't think about that are hard to do. I started back to work this week--on Monday. It has been a long one. But I feel better today than I have all week, so that's good. Hopefully I'll start to have more good days than bad.

And I can sing! My voice isn't 100% yet and I've not got my normal stamina, but that will improve. And my voice is there.

Here's a pic of my neck If you're interested... It is better than it was.

And Golda, thank you so much for the card! It is wonderful! (Is that aluminum foil wit paint and then punched?)

neck3wksout2019Feb15.jpg
neck3wksout2019Feb15.jpg (44.9 KiB) Viewed 1809 times
Whispers

Oh my gosh Sheri, that was some serious cutting! Glad to hear you are on the mend and getting some energy back. Great news on the voice too! I'm sure it was a scary thing anticipating the surgery.
Elaine
eoconnell

Sheri, I'm glad you are healing and that you can sing! You will continue to increase your stamina, but make sure you're getting enough rest in there, too.

Yes, it was tin foil, with alcohol inks.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to Chit Chat