Craft Room Redo

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
If you have read the challenge threads lately you know that we are redoing my craft room. If you want to see how things are going, check back here. I will use this thread to post photos and let you in on the wonderful (or grisly) details. I spent 6 hours yesterday going through some stuff and packing. You can barely tell that anything has been touched. Someone has done too much shopping and not enough using!

I discovered lots of brads that I forgot about. :o I seldom use them but now that I have reacquainted myself with them I have a firm resolve to use them more often. Most of them are really cute and I apologized to them for my neglect. :lol: I took them out of little drawers, sorted them better and put them in clear plastic bead containers. That job took way longer than you would think.

Read the paragraph above again and wherever it says "brads" substitute the words "fabric trims". Another crappy job: winding up yards of snarled pieces of trim. Now I will be able to see what I have at a glance.

The takeaway: I consider myself to be a very well organized person. (I have been called Martha Stewart many times.) Even so, going through my stash and tidying up made me more aware of what I have and will make it easier to use. I highly recommend it!
Ellie

Hmmm, I just did that a couple of weeks ago. As neatly as I thought I had gotten everything organized in my new space, I am having the most difficult time finding where things are, now. It's terrible when you KNOW you have something, but can't figure out where you put it as things are organized differently.

However, I look forward to seeing your pictures! Oh, and I can definitely understand the brads taking so long to sort through. Those suckers are not easy to pick up and wind up going underneath fingernails, etc. Though I can't wait to see all of your cute brads on upcoming projects.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie, you will be so excited to play in your craft room once it is all done! I can't wait to see the pictures . Will Mickey be hanging out in your newly redesigned craft room?
SusieQ

Ellie and Golda....will you come organize me? My area is tiny, 6 ft by 6 ft...shouldn't take too long!
Trudeenr

I'm with you Golda! When we moved this last summer and I had to down size I thought I did a good job on organizing things. WRONG!!! I can't find anything.... :?:
Jane
Jane from Utah

Okay ladies when Ellie is finish with her craft room you are ALL welcomed to my place and help me out with my room.
It is horrible....I was laughing with my older sister about what I have to do to set up the new craft room but I know that while I'm doing it I'm going to cry because I'll be overwhlmed....

Good luck Ellie and looking forward in seeing your beautiful room...
terrie

I'm still reorganizing after my craft area redo last spring! Christmas did set me back...It is worse now than it was before the last crop! AND I haven't done any crafting since then (I don't think...Maybe one card since then... So sad! :o :cry: )
Whispers

Susan, Mickey will definitely still be there!

I've had my first setback. I ordered a 30 slot wire rack for 12x12 paper from Amazon & was supposed to get it by Jan 9th. This morning I got an email telling me it is on back order until the end of February. :cry: Now they are going to try to get one from another manufacturer which I said would be fine with me. Hope springs eternal!
Ellie

Ellie, here's another option if you don't want to wait.
I have some of these and I just ordered some more.

http://www.paperwishes.com/scripts/rele ... t_search=0
Geminijen

Thanks, Jen! I will keep them in mind.

Here are a couple of before packing photos. I'm looking at another day or two of packing before the room is empty.
Attachments
before1.jpg
before1.jpg (123.4 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
before2.jpg
before2.jpg (112.58 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
Ellie

Next

Return to Chit Chat