Craft Room Redo

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
One final note:

Should I EVER buy another punch?!! EVER??!! I cant even lift the box because it's so heavy. Hmmm...how will I get Larry to carry it without letting him see how many punches i have? If I blindfold him he will fall down the steps....Hmmmmmm. :lol:
Attachments
punches.jpg
punches.jpg (108.02 KiB) Viewed 938 times
Ellie

If you let him fall down the stairs and he gets hurt, you will never get your room finished...especially if he's like my hubby...very cranky, whiny, clingy, etc! :lol:
Trudeenr

We are into week two of the redo and I need an intervention. This week I have had nothing to do!!!
The sub contractors are working this week. The electrician, otherwise known as my DH, put in about 14 hours yesterday so as to be ready for the ceiling guys who are here today. They will finish tomorrow and the tile guy will be here Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

My washer and dryer have been removed so I can't do laundry. The guys are creating a lot of dirt even though they are being careful, so there's no point in cleaning the house. I certainly can't make cards. The wind chill here is minus 10 so, no thank you to being outdoors. Here's where the intervention comes in: All I can think of to do is bake and cook! So far this week I've made three loaves of incredible raisin bread, a batch of brownies with a caramel-toffee filling, a big batch of buttermilk pancakes, a huge pot of turkey vegetable soup and a vat of chili. I'm going to weigh 500 pounds soon!!

Seriously, I have eaten almost a whole loaf of that raisin bread by myself. The other two loaves are in the freezer along with the pancakes. I've been reading and embroidering and playing with my computer but Pinterest recipes keep calling me. Luckily, I should be able to start painting the walls down there by next Wednesday. That will get me off my butt and out of the kitchen.
Ellie

You can come cook at my house. :D
Whispers

I'd love to, Sheri. I have four breakfast recipes lined up for tomorrow. :lol: More stuff for the freezer!
Ellie

Ellie, you can look at it like you are stocking the freezer for anytime you might want to go on a trip without your hubby, or in case one or the other of you gets ill, you are prepared! And, you'll be well fed.

I can't even imagine temps like that. Stay inside, stay safe and stay warm! We've had the door at work open all week as it gets too warm in here with it closed, so I really have no clue about cold and don't care to find out.

Maybe you could sketch out ideas for cards for later.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Thanks, Golda. By the middle of next week I'll be busy as a bee with the painting. I just can't stand being idle. I think most women are that way and that's why we invented multi-tasking. I absolutely can't watch tv without also doing something else like knitting, embroidering, doing a crossword puzzle or playing on the computer. I need to get out my Zentangle supplies and chill out with some good doodling. You're right about my filling the freezer. The grandkids will be staying with us for a few days later this month and all of those things will come in very handily. They are 12 and 14 years old-bottomless pits to be filled with food.
Ellie

OK, Ladies and Gents, here is the new room. I am sooooooooooo happy with it!!! It's finally finished and I am about to work on Terrie's challenge. It has been a long month but well worth the wait.
Attachments
5.jpg
Remember the big box of punches?
5.jpg (109.11 KiB) Viewed 878 times
6.jpg
die storage
6.jpg (128.98 KiB) Viewed 878 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (133.58 KiB) Viewed 878 times
Ellie

I just found out you can only post three photos at a time. :? Scroll back to first page of this post to see the before photos...there's quite a difference!! All of the old sets of plastic drawers on wheels were donated to a local center for people with communication disorders. They were thrilled to have them for their craft area. I will be taking some cast-off designer papers next week.
Attachments
1.jpg
The new digs.
1.jpg (116.62 KiB) Viewed 878 times
2.jpg
Everything is easy to find!
2.jpg (145.86 KiB) Viewed 878 times
4.jpg
My new nest.
4.jpg (106.77 KiB) Viewed 878 times
Ellie

NICE, Ellie!!! Looks wonderful!