Apology for late prizes

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
I am so very behind in getting prizes sent out for the last challenge I hosted and for my crop challenge. I apologize for this and hope to get to the Post Office soon.
We've had a record month for snowfall here in NW Wisconsin. Nearly 50 inches this month, the highest ever recorded in February, and the month isn't over yet. The storm this weekend dropped 12 inches and still has us snowed in... literally. We cannot open our front door, and the garage door is frozen in place. The garage door opener just growls and strains. Are waiting for our landlord to come with plows and get us out.
So... Elaine, Terrie and Barry, I apologize that you haven't received your prizes yet. They are sitting here waiting to get OUT OF THE TUNDRA.[Oh... and we had no mail delivery for several days last week and the week prior because the mailperson couldn't get close enough to the mailbox to deliver, and have been instructed to not get out of the van because of black ice on roads and sidewalks. It is a major mess.

I am soooooo ready for Spring.
Here is a photo out of my snowed-in front door... and of the 5 foot high drifts blocking the view from my front windows.
Image Image
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh, Kathy, that looks awful. Well, it actually looks beautiful, but definitely awful to be in. I can't even imagine the cold. :shock: Stay nice and warm at home!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda wrote:Oh, Kathy, that looks awful. Well, it actually looks beautiful, but definitely awful to be in. I can't even imagine the cold. :shock: Stay nice and warm at home!

Oh.. I forgot to mention the cold. The windchill today is 25-35 below zero. So... there's that, too.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh Kathy - please be careful! Make sure you've cleaned near the vents and furnace so you don't get carbon monoxide coming back into the house!
Trudeenr

Kathy, that is downright depressing! Just stay safe and warm (and make lots of cards while you're snowed in). Don't you worry about us.
Elaine
eoconnell

Kathy, best advice is stay inside and stay warm....you guys has been hit pretty badly this winter...hang in there and be safe.

I know exactly what your going through a few years back we got hit and had 111 inches of snow in our town.

No need to apologize.
terrie

Return to Chit Chat