Another blizzard? Yep.

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
I am itching to make an accordion card, and have a feeling that I'll have time within the next few days because looks like we'll be snowed in yet again. Ackkk.

Actually, I have to share a bit of humor with you. I was supposed to be headed to South Dakota on Friday for my a great-niece's baby shower on Saturday. Was a bit concerned about the predicted storm, but had told my sister that I was still going to try to make it. Then I read this unusually ominous weather report on the website of a local TV station last night.
"Further west in Minnesota and South Dakota, the worst of the storm is expected to bring blizzard conditions and up to two feet of snow. Do not travel to these areas. Travel will likely be impossible."
When I read this report to my husband this morning he chuckled and said, "Are you going to change your plans? Or... does the warning have to say, 'Kathy Asper, do not travel to these areas...?"
[My hubby is such a funny man.]
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Rich is a funny guy! Stay safe and warm.
Elaine
eoconnell

I saw on the news that y'all were going more snow...eek, will winter ever end?

The mountain passes got snow yesterday, but here at 180' we only got really heavy (& cold) rain. I'll take the rain over snow!
Trudeenr

We were up in the 90s the beginning of the week, but yesterday it was only in the low 70s. I was not dressed quite warm enough for that. Supposedly the rain you got, Trudi, will be here tomorrow. Kathy, stay safe and NO TRAVELING! Enjoy some craft time at home. Stay warm, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

We did end up getting lots of weather... actually an odd showing of many types of weather: snow, sleet, rain and "snow thunder." I didn't even know there was such a thing. But there is. We had lightning, thunder, sleet, rain and snow all occurring within a 15-minute time slot. And at one point near dawn, the entire sky was an odd pale yellow color. All around an odd day. Was glad I got to stay off the roads.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Sounds very interesting, Kathy! Glad you were home, too. It sounds like the type of weather that could cause LOTS of problems, especially with drivers.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Return to Chit Chat