Need to step back a bit.

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Hello all,
Elaine's call for hostesses made me realize that I need to post this note. Sadly I am going to have to step back from hosting challenges for a while. As my husband's MS progresses my stress level is steadily rising. I think I recently posted a note that he is now in the final stage of this disease so the prognosis is steady deterioration for the next few years. I can't even fathom what those years will hold. He is emotionally and spiritually ready to go home to Jesus. I'm not ready for that but also can't bear to watch him slowly lose the ability to function. It is heartbreaking.

Right now I need to try to cut back on things that cause stress. Hosting challengings... or more accurately... getting prizes mailed... has been one of those things. If you have won any of my challenges in the last few months... you are aware of this as your prize was very late. I apologize for that and have no excuse except stress and exhaustion. For some reason, the act of getting things to the post office is always a struggle. Some days getting out of my recliner is about all I can do!
So, I need to do what I teach in stress management classes, mainly cut back on commitments and do more self-care. As a result of this decision, I am not committing to any new responsibilities here, or with DT gigs, card swaps, etc. until life (as my hubby and I know it) settles down.

That said, this doesn't mean that I won't be making cards! Right now, spending time in my craft room is therapy. So, I'll continue to enter challenges here and across blogland as my schedule, and energy level, allows. They help to keep me sane!
Thanks for understanding, friends. I love you gals/guy!
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Praying for you and your hubby. You are very much loved and I totally understand your need to step back. Enjoy playing, when you can.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Please take care of yourself...stress can cause your body to be more susceptible to more illnesses! Prayers of strength being sent to both of you!
Trudeenr

Love to you and Rich. We will hold you both in our prayers.
Elaine
eoconnell

Kathy, take care of yourself ...you have a lot on your plate right now....prayers and thoughts going your way for you and your husband....hugs
terrie

Thanks, friends.
And Trudi, I agree with your comment about stress making us more susceptible to illnesses. In truth, neither Rich or I have been able to get our flu shots yet... because we haven't been healthy enough. Today we both have yukky stomach issues... last week it was a severe cold. We're both sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Return to Chit Chat