Mini-chicken coop

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
I know that there are several chicken lovers on this site... so thought you'd enjoy this sweet little miniature.
I want to someday make a fairy garden so am collecting ideas on Pinterest. This item caught my eye! (I even know a young lady that might be able to make me one of these when I need it. She likes making Fimo items.)
Attachments
mini chicken coop.jpg
mini chicken coop.jpg (63.66 KiB) Viewed 1455 times
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

That is beyond adorable, Kathy! That would be so cute in a Fairy Garden. I had a fairy garden about 7 years ago; mostly for my GD Sarah. The following year I asked her if she wanted to help me plant the fairy garden and she said, "Grandma, fairies are not real. Santa is not real, the Easter Bunny is not real and the Tooth Fairy is not real." My heart was broken because for the second time in my life my babies were gone.
Ellie

Kathy, that is so stinkin' cute!!! I love that! Such great details too.

Oh Ellie, it is a sad day when they no longer believe. My granddaughter didn't believe this year but didn't come out and say it, she just dropped hints. Fortunately she hasn't passed the info on to her 3 year old brother.
Elaine
eoconnell

Kathy, this is adorable...who ever did this did a great job
terrie

Elaine, that chicken coop is right up your alley. I hear you about the siblings getting wise. When my son stopped believing I threatened with a slow painful death if he told his sister. (It worked.)
Ellie

Oh, I hate when they stop believing! But I always tell them if you don't believe then you don't get the stockings/easter basket goodies and NEVER TELL ANYONE that they aren't real!

We still have a fairy garden...Katrina, Garrett, and Kallie (my friend's 2 kids) helped me replant it last summer. We added wooden (mini) bird houses that they painted, wooden clothes pin people, and a few ceramic animals that they picked out into the garden. Every now and again I post a picture to Garrett and Kallie so they can see how things have grown and how the "fairies" have added things to the garden (Last time was when the garden was flooded from a rain storm.)
Trudeenr

We never told the kids there was a Santa, etc. However, we didn't tell them there wasn't, either. There was always a Bible, or something God-related in their stocking on Christmas morning and they did get fun things on Easter morning, too. Well, mostly Easter was clothes with a piece of candy, or something. When they got older they asked about Santa and we talked about St. Nicholas and what he did and how the idea of Santa came about. My son told me a couple weeks ago that I spoiled life for them as they never got to believe in those things and I replied that I never lied to him and he still got the stuff. They still got the "definitely doesn't exist" from school mates, not their mom.

Kathy, that chicken coop is amazingly detailed and truly cute. I've never seen a "fairy garden", but they sound really cute.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

How fun to hear all of your experiences with kids and grandkids and all things magical!
When I was about nine, I knew there wasn't a Santa, but my four younger siblings didn't. Mom threatened me that if I told them the truth there would be no Christmas for me. So... for one of the first times in my life... I was quiet!!
(And Golda, your son's comment that you "spoiled life for them as they never got to believe in those things" made me chuckle. If he considers that "life spoiling"... well, he's got some tough life surprises coming his way! And, one day when he has kids of his own, he'll surely soften that judgement.)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Return to Chit Chat