Member Names?

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Hello all... I have a question/suggestion. Would it be possible for people to add their first name to their member names like I've done (Mrs. Asperin- Kathy)
The reason I ask is because I remember back when I was a new member a few years ago on the Papercrafts sponsored site, I was really nervous, especially when leaving comments about people's cards. Oftentimes I couldn't remember names so would go back and try to find them in the new member section. If time was short, I just didn't leave comments. More recently I am familiar with our members names, but often forget how to spell them correctly (that aging thingee!)

So, since I know that we have talked about wanting to get people to join the site, thought adding our names might help newbies feel more comfortable when posting comments. That said, there might be reasons that some of you don't want to add your name. That is fine! This stamping forum (and the two that preceeded it) are the only ones I've ever joined. so I realize that there might be things that I 'know not of..." :?:

Thanks! And looking forward to the crop!
Kathy
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Is it possible to edit our user names? Admin would have to tell us that and how.
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Paintbrushbrown wrote:Is it possible to edit our user names? Admin would have to tell us that and how.

I don't think it is possible to edit user names. I took a look around and am not seeing that option.

Usually what I do is open another tab and in one tab have the thread and the other tab hit the reply button or go to the pm's. Then if I need to check who posted which card or double check the spelling of a name, I can scroll through the thread and find it and then back over to my response/pm to continue posting. It works well for me. I know that both Firefox and IE have options to use multiple tabs. I'm pretty sure Chrome and Safari do as well. Though I have to admit I'm not sure about that in Windows 8...

I personally don't want my name in my user name. That's just a personal preference though.
Whispers

Hmmmm, Golda-Golda might be a bit much. :lol: Everyone can put it in their signature.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Putting it in the signature is a good idea, Golda. I think that's a good compromise for people who don't want their name in their username. I'm fine with using my name here but I don't use it on big commercial other sites.
Ellie

Golda is right, go into your profile and add a signature. I did it and it works - it's helpful to all of us old (and I do mean OLD) people in addition to newbies.
Elaine
eoconnell

There you go! That's a good solution. If anyone wants to add their name, they can easily do that in the signature portion. Good idea, Golda! I don't think that I would make that a "requirement" however--it can be up to each user according to her/his personal preference.

:lol:
Whispers

Thanks all! And I agree with Sheri, shouldn't be a requirement but an option. And us old(er) members will be happy!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Great idea, I have placed my signature under my profile. Even though you all know me it does help with our new members. Good idea Kathy and thanks for bringing this up
Barry
Prince of Paper

And, Barry, it is good for those of us (me) with bad memories!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Return to Chit Chat