How the weather at your place???

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Marilyn, your post made me smile because my husband is such a geek with weather apps. Whenever we are having a storm he pulls up the radar view to show me where the storm is and when it will be at our house. Jeez, men and their toys!!

Elaine, yuck, I hate ice more than anything!! My son and wife were in NC for a few days and got out Sunday night just in the nick of time. We were having sleet and snow here at the time. They were lucky to be able to land and had a rough drive home from the airport. I feel for you and hope the ice melts soon.
Last edited by Ellie on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ellie

Here (as in at my house) we didn't get much with the last system. However, even 10-15 minutes away gave a different story. My husband's work was going to close at 3 on Monday. They ended up all leaving by 2 because it was so bad there. I don't know how much snow they actually got. WE got...oh probably an inch or two...I guess. But it was quite cold Monday. Not as cold yesterday, but today and tomorrow are supposed to be bitterly cold. And we're supposed to get more snow starting sometime this morning (lightly snowing now) and all through the day and into tomorrow.

I was off work Monday and Tuesday. As of now we're having a delayed start today (be there at 10). If it starts snowing hard they might decide to close early. Bug has been off school all week. Thankfully a friend of ours is off school (paramedic classes) today as well, so she is going to come stay with Bug while I'm at work (though I'll still need to leave early so she can get to work on time). Not sure what school/work will decide for tomorrow. We'll have to wait and see.

Just heard on the news we're expecting 1-2" here (in the valley) and 3-6 in the mountains.
Whispers

Previous

Return to Chit Chat