How the weather at your place???

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Just wondering how everyone is dealing with the weather in your state or hometown???

I think no matter where you live some of the weather is bad....
the temperature is getting colder aand windy
I hope everyone is safe and stay warm...

Everyday Vince knock off the icicles on the side of the house and everyday
we get more and more...some of them are as tall as I am...

My friend Leon on my facebook page just wrote that
Lowell (my town) hit 111 inches of snow....Holy Cow

Weather News: we are having more snow on Tuesday and at the end of the week....
We will have snow when winter comes back at the end of the year....lol
terrie

Oh my, Terrie, take care of yourself!

Weather is too warm, here. At least for mid February.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Terrie, I am so sorry to hear that. Makes our 15 degrees with light snow sound downright wimpy!
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

We have been very fortunate this winter...Mt. Vernon (WA) has been warm. I got to play in my flower garden this weekend and work on other outdoor projects without needing a coat. Daffodil fields are greening up...soon the tulips will arrive and I won't be driving...too many tourist stopping in the middle of the road to look at the fields of flowers!
Trudeenr

We have had a crazy winter so far. The temps have been wildly up and down. It has been as cold as minus 10 windchill and as warm as 68. I've been out many times without a coat-WooHoo! I've only worn my heavy coat once. As far as snow goes, we have only had a total of about 11 inches, no more than 3 inches during any one storm. It is snowing very lightly right now. It has been a good winter here if you are a snow hater like me. It has been very gloomy no matter what the temps have been. That big yellow ball in the sky has been MIA. I am prone to Seasonal Affective Disorder so I have a "happy light" that I use while I am making cards. I'm headed down for a dose of "sun" and card making soon.
Ellie

I don't know what our total snow fall for the season is ...it is quite a bit....but no where near 111". That is just crazy! You have been having one tough winter Terrie! We are suppose to hit record breaking temps starting tomorrow. Unfortunately not in the right direction. We are talking below 0 temps. I'm ready for spring.
SusieQ

Thanks for letting me know how the weather is where you live...

I love what you share with us....each place is so different
I really don't mind the snow...it's just where to put it...

I'm with you Ellie I need the sun always have and when there is no sun my depression is worst
someone told me about those sunlight...maybe it's time to look into one...

Stay warm and be safe
terrie

I got my light at Costco, Terrie, and I really like it. It has two light settings and a couple of different lenses so you can adjust it to your liking.
Ellie

We had about 5-7 hours of sleet followed by 5" of snow. Don missed work on Monday, but was able to get there today. The roads were terrible. I heard the dump truck (small version) with a blade working on the road out here this afternoon. I think they were really wanting to make some headway before the next round came in.

We got only a dusting from this one, but another is due to come through. I haven't heard yet what it is supposed to be.

I do have to tell you all something funny, though. Don has some weather app on his phone. He was checking it out while the snow was really coming down hard and it said that the snow would stop in 14 minutes! It did stop in less than that time, but I have never heard the like in all my life! Who knew they could do that?!!!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

I feel for you Terrie! I keep watching Boston.... We got hit with sleet Monday night which thawed and refroze overnight, so we're dealing with ice. We are iced in our road and can't get out. And now we're in for record lows. The next two days are going to be the coldest on record since they have been keeping track.

I was supposed to go to South Carolina tomorrow, but looks like I will be staying home babysitting instead as they will not be sending the kids to school. I walked out to the main road yesterday and my daughter picked me up, so I'm being held captive now. I need some of Ellie's happy light.
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to Chit Chat