Rhylan's Quilt

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
For the past week I have been working on a baby quilt for Rhylan...he's due in about 8 weeks! His Grandma was BFF's with Stephen's sister all their childhood. Now, I'm horrible at measuring things...originally I planned this to be a crib sized quilt but it turned out much bigger...as in it's now 4 1/2 by 3 ft...but it's finished. I messed up the corners so the border isn't as big as I wanted and they are still wonky...but they will be perfect for him to teeth on! :lol:

Samantha's having a late night Dr. Who marathon and is testing it out! :roll:
P1250955.JPG
P1250955.JPG (40.41 KiB) Viewed 1468 times

This is fabric I picked out to make Joseph a quilt when he was little but never made.
P1250949.JPG
P1250949.JPG (72.25 KiB) Viewed 1468 times

The backing fabric is denim so it will make awesome blanket forts in the future.
P1250951.JPG
P1250951.JPG (36.92 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
Trudeenr

Trudi, that is wonderful!! It's just darling. Don't stew about the imperfections; there is love in every stitch and that negates any flaws. The bigger size will make it usable much longer than a crib sized quilt. Your quilt will be a family heirloom. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Ellie

That is adorable! I sure they will love every stitch of it...
Jane
Jane from Utah

Trudi, the little imperfections are what shows it was made by hand! And the amazing work that went into making it, especially the plane, trucks, etc. that will thrill that little boys heart for many years!
(PS We have a tattered and ragged quilt at our house. It is so fragile that I can no longer wash it and we rarely use it. A short time ago I mentioned that it was time to get rid of it (figured the local pet shelter could still use it). That is when I learned it's history. My nearly 60 year old sweetheart said, "But that's my pirate quilt that Grandma Borgny made for me!" Needless to say, I now consider it a treasure... and it's not going anywhere!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, you did a great job on the quilt....this is why it is called "Handmade"
good for you for finishing it...

My first quilt to my first grand-daughter was not perfect but she still has it...
terrie

Trudi, that is fantastic! It will definitely be treasured.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Great job! That is beautiful. I just love handmade blankets.
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

It's beautiful Trudi! It will make a great quilt for his toddler bed long after he's out of the crib. Perfect!
Elaine
eoconnell

This will be such a nice keepsake and something that can be handed down. Very cute!
SusieQ

Return to Chit Chat