Happy Easter!

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
I know, I'm posting this on Good Friday, but Easter's coming! (I'll be a bit busy to post by then, too.) So, I hope you all have a wonderful Easter, however you celebrate.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Thanks, Golda! I hope you have a lovely day and will be feeling better. Get rid of that cough.

So, what is everyone doing on Easter? I'm having my family over for brunch-french toast, scrambled eggs, & bacon. After brunch we switch to birthday mode to celebrate the birthdays of our son, his wife and our daughter. They have just turned 41, 37 and 38. And I'm 45...hahahahahahahaha!!
Ellie

Ellie, must be you married a man with older children!
Elaine
eoconnell

Ellie, spending time with family sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate a holiday that is based on LOVE!

My hubby and I will be spending Easter here in Western WI... just the two of us. But, that doesn't mean it will be quiet or uneventful!

I just got back from Eau Claire (about 30 miles away from my home) where I spent three hours helping the Hope Gospel Mission chef (a friend from my church) slice enough ham to feed 300 people. (Trust me... that is a lot of ham!) Right now I smell slightly salty... and bacon-y! Wishing we still had a dog or two as they'd definitely want to cuddle.

Need to take a quick shower, then at about 4 PM Rich and I will be heading out for Easter service. We are greeters, and will also be helping serve coffee and truffles after the service (Hmmm... I wonder why I volunteered to help?!)

Am hoping that your Easter is filled with peace and joy... and especially hope!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

eoconnell wrote:Ellie, must be you married a man with older children!

Yeah, that's the ticket. That's what happened. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ellie

Happy Easter to all!
Elaine
eoconnell

Happy Easter to my crafty friends....enjoy the day

I'm having brunch over my daughter's house and sharing some quality time with the grand-children.
terrie

We had 4 extra college kids, Gigi and her parents (she's almost 2 now!), and my extended family...that's 22 total of Easter lunch! It was nice and sunny and warm enough for just light jackets, so many of us ate outside. Gigi had her 1st egg hunt...we had to keep sneak eggs out of her basket to hide again because she didn't want to stop! I only got 1 hug...she met Katrina and they became best buddies and she didn't want anyone else!
Trudeenr

We had a great day. No family (other than the 3 of us), but our 4 good friends came over. We had something of a pitch-in lunch. Then Bug had her egg hunt. Then we all went to the park and flew kites. Bug flew hers by herself for a little bit then got bored. Then she'd run around and then come back and help "Uncle" T. fly her kite. Then we went our separate ways for dinner then two of them (was supposed to have been 3, but...) came back and we got Bug to bed and then played a game and chatted. It was a good day!

Here's my precious girl! :D

PrettyGirlEaster2015.jpg
PrettyGirlEaster2015.jpg (112.49 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

RightThereEggHuntEaster2015.jpg
She'd walked past the egg about 10 times! He was trying to show her where it was and she still walked right past it! Haha
RightThereEggHuntEaster2015.jpg (98.55 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

MommasGirlEaster2015.jpg
MommasGirlEaster2015.jpg (102.02 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

FlyingHerKiteEaster2015.jpg
Doing it all by herself!
FlyingHerKiteEaster2015.jpg (69.42 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
Whispers

Thanks for sharing your photos, Sheri. Bug looks adorable in her Easter outfit! I'm glad to see that she knows how to fly a kite. Most parents don't seem to teach kids good old fashioned play like flying a kite or playing hopscotch anymore. What will those kids do when their computers crash? LOL Good for you, Sheri, time spent playing with little ones is precious time indeed.
Ellie

Next

Return to Chit Chat