Happy 4th,

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Wishing you all a happy Independence Day! Be safe and have fun.

We went to a concert and fireworks display last night so today is no big deal. Does anyone have plans they would like to share?
Ellie

We have been out and about all week and came home today! I love visiting, but home is good, too!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

We've always watched "Independence Day" on the 4th, but as my husband and I are the only ones here, and he doesn't really like seeing movies repeatedly, I probably won't watch it. I've been busy trying to fix things around the house today. My son came over for a haircut, so it was nice to see him for a couple of hours.

As for 4th celebrations, we'll probably watch fireworks on tv tonight, at least for a bit. It's a bit hot in Phoenix to actually go out to the celebrations. Did it one year and that was enough. That was probably 17 or 18 years ago.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

We had dinner at my sister's to celebrate her birthday, our anniversary, and our niece and nephew-in-law's anniversary. Then we came home to see our "crazy" neighbors try to set the trees on fire with all their fireworks (their yard is completely surrounded by tall trees) and we are in the high danger area for fires. Katrina and I took my laptop outside to watch the Seattle fireworks as we watched the different neighborhoods around us set off fireworks.
Trudeenr

We stayed in town and went to the park and watched all the kids in town catch chickens and roosters. They had lots of water slides and games put on by our fire department. Lots of fun.... We went to hubby's sisters for a barbecue and drinks. We don't have fireworks in town but the kids go up to the park and light there's off. We also have some dumb ----- that have to keep it going until 2:00 am. :x :x :x
Jane
Jane from Utah

We left and went on vacation. lol! We met up with PS's parents and brother and his sister & brother-in-law arrived on Sunday. We had a week of hanging out and time in the pool (mostly the 1ft deep kiddie pool--or Kitty pool as Bug calls it! :lol: )

We got back today and now I have to get back in the groove... *sigh* But being out of the groove was so nice for a change! Well, maybe now I can get in the groove to do some cleaning in our room and making room for the the bassinet again. And cleaning out Bug's closet... And in general making ready for Little 2 (aka "Blueberry Cheesecake"--long story there!)

I do need to make a Thank You card though, so maybe that will help me get back in a card making groove--when we got home we'd received a baby gift--a cute fuzzy little blanket for L2/BC. And there was a present for Bug too--she was excited (as much by the blankie as her gift of ninja turtle coloring book, notebooks (2), and book cover)! (Oh those Inja Turtles! My favorite comment about them was from a few months back when she told us that "Ardentello was the fourest one." :lol: :lol: :lol:

While on vacation I did get some paper and "Big Sister" and "Little Brother" embelishment stickers for L2's baby book. :) That was fun. That store was a bit overwhelming! If you're, in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN area you should take a stop there. There was a Jo-Ann's as well (in same strip mall), but we didn't manage to stop there.... That part was a bit sad.
Whispers

Sheri, it isn't as though you live so far away that you can't go again...like any time that I'm visiting! LOL!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Return to Chit Chat