They're Gone

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Hello Everyone! Gabe and Sarah got to go home Wednesday night after spending 5 weeks with us. It was as hard for them as it was for us. They missed their parents, friends, house, cat, and their other dog very much. Entertaining them was the biggest time eater-they are 13 & 15 and want to be busy all day. We were still tired 3 days after they left! And don't get me started on the dog! She is as sweet as can be but she vomited on my living room carpet twice and pottied on my new carpeting upstairs twice. Worst of all, she defiled my craft room floor 3 times! Oh, the horror!!!!!!! :lol: It's a tile floor; it was just such an insult!

The good news is that their mom's surgery was a success and she is now continuing to recover at home. (She had her bladder removed and a new one made from part of her intestines. Yikes! She did not have cancer; it was innerstitial cystitis that would not respond to treatment.) Poor girl has been in lots of pain and unable to eat most foods for about 18 months. I praise God that He has brought her through this and blessed her with a good result. She is resting at home and happily eating whatever she wants.

I'm excited to be able to make cards again and looking forward to catching up around here. If you haven't seen my challenge for this week please go check it out. I hope you will have time to play along.
Ellie

Lol! I am so glad you survived! It is good to help, but sometimes it is almost too much! I know what you mean about the insult. They have emotional issures, too, however! I am going to go check out the challenges. We have been gone and I haven't been with the program for awhile. I almost forgot what the program was!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

So glad you are back and survived, Ellie! The poor dog was probably just trying to get comfortable in there, 'cause it's one of the most important rooms in the house. :lol: Sorry, I know how frustrating it is when people and things mess with your area. Unfortunately, I also understand the ick of cleaning up after dogs. :(
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Return to Chit Chat