Invite question

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Our Women's Ministry at church is planning a Widows Luncheon and I am in charge of making about 50 invitations. It is a spaghetti or Italian meal. Any ideas on elegant/pretty invites that would be fairly simple to make?

The only thing that keeps coming to mind is this flower in a vase stamp that I have. However, coloring 50 invites would take forever and I need these done by next week. (Found out last night.) I could maybe print the info with the computer, stamp them and just do a swish of color over the flower areas. What do you think? Anyone have other ideas?

HELP!!!!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, do you have something like a solid rectangle stamp that you could stamp in a lighter color and then stamp the flower stamp over it in a darker color? That would give you some layers of color without having to color the image.
Koren
I do whatever the voices tell me to do.
purpleladybug

I just checked "Italian Card" and "Tuscan Card" on Pinterest, and a few examples were really simple with a small sprig of Rosemary. Also, here is a fun saying you could use "She who eats well, lives well" (in Italian)
http://www.fubiz.net/2013/06/20/tobias- ... ttering10/

Also checked Italian phrases and found a few options that you could print off on business card sized paper, trim and layer onto some of your pretty background papers that you often use. Vines, grapes or sunflowers would provide a nice background.

Or here is an Italian phrase "La famiglia e tutto" means "The family is everything"
Could add a sentiment, "Come join the family of Christ in celebrating with an Italian meal!"

Or "Tutti a tavola a mangiare" which means "Everyone to the table to eat."

Have fun!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Wow! Kathy, that's a lot of phrases in Italian. I'm thinking pretty simple, however. I have a lot of info to get inside, so I only have the front. I'll check on Pinterest.

Koren, I do have a "texture" stamp that is a rectangle that might work. I'll try it and see how it works.

Thank you both for the ideas!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Okay, this is what I wound up doing. Well, except the brown sparkle ink is only in the center of the flower on the other 49, rather than along the petals, too.

8-29-15 Widows Luncheon Invites (400x283).jpg
8-29-15 Widows Luncheon Invites (400x283).jpg (99.18 KiB) Viewed 1358 times

Thanks for the help on them!

Oh, I spent at least 10 hours on them and my daughter helped for 4 hours. Yikes!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, those are strikingly beautiful! What a gift of your time and talent you are giving to your church. How nice that you fit some mother/daughter time in the process.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

That is gorgeous, Golda!! You and (Tabitha?) did a great job. The ladies who receive them should feel like they are attending something special based on the invitation.
Ellie

This is beautiful, Golda!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Golda, they turned out gorgeous! That was a very ambitious undertaking!
Elaine
eoconnell

Awww, thank you. Tabitha and I did have a nice long chat while working on Friday afternoon. It was nice. A lot of work, but as long as the ladies enjoy them, worth it.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to Chit Chat