UPDATE: Prayers needed for one of my Fur-Babies

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
I have to take my 12 year old Husky MIA to the vet this morning. Last night when we got home from work she wouldn't come out of her house. His morning we checked her and she hadn't eaten anything. Bob had to basically pull her out of the house. She isn't her playful self and I'm so scared. Please keep us in your prayers.
Attachments
image.jpeg
MIA came home today.
image.jpeg (60.11 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
Last edited by jeanettegraves on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

I hope your fur-baby will be okay...I know how close you are with your pet....get well soon MIA
terrie

Thanks Terrie. Didn't find anything immediately so they took blood. Will find out this afternoon. If they don't find anything then she goes in for X-rays. I am at the Dr's with my mom now for a routine colonoscopy and trying really hard not to cry. Hormones aren't helping matters.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

jeanettegraves

Jeanette, it's okay to cry. I'll be praying for your whole family.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda just didn't want to do it in the Dr's office. I figured they might not let mom leave with me. Believe me, after I dropped her off at home I bawled!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting to get results. They told me today.

jeanettegraves

Jeanette, I'm so sorry about your dog. They are part of the family and how can you not cry. Take care and keep us posted.
Rhonda

So sorry to hear your fur baby isn't feeling well...
Trudeenr

Thanks Rhonda and Trudi

Last night we got the results from MIA's blood work. Her Liver (bile Ruben) number is extremely high. The vet said he has never seen a level this high. Could only mean 2 things: Tumor or Cancer. Either one we could do surgery, with Chemo if it's cancer. However in April she will be turning 13. The vet thinks it might be too much for her age. She doesn't seem to be in any pain however she's not eating. She is drinking which the Dr said was a good thing but that could change any day. I have to call today to schedule an Ultrasound for Mon.

She is just NOT herself. She has been in the house all night. (Bob has taken her out every now and then) We have both been up on/off with her. Bob more than me. Just can't stop crying. We don't want to put her through a painful surgery and/or Chemo to just prolong her being with us. She might not be the same fun loving MIA we all know. She might not even make it through the surgery. We are so heartbroken and scared for her. We love her so much.

Bob is going to call the vet again today to talk some more.

PLEASE pray for us that we make the best decision for MIA and that she is in no pain.

jeanettegraves

I am so sorry Jeanette about MIA. It is the hardest thing to have to make these decisions about our babies. I had to have my black lab put down 2 years ago and it was the hardest but the best choice as he was not able to get up. I know you will make the right decision for MIA but the pain and missing them never goes away but it does get easier. Lot of Love and prayers your way.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Jeanette, I too, am so sorry that you are having to go through this now. I agree completely with what Jane said. To me, true love for an animal is not letting them suffer because you can't bear to let them go. Listen to your heart and pray for guidance and peace. God Bless!
Ellie

Next

Return to Chit Chat