What's Up?

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Like Elaine, our Thanksgiving will be low key too. It will be just hubby and my son that I will be cooking for. We are not having a turkey but instead will be enjoying a honey pork roast. It is something that you can only find here in the Chicago land area. We were introduced to them about 30 years ago when the meat market that makes them had one location.. They now have several locations around Chicago and offer shipping as well. We try to have a honey pork roast for either Thanksgiving or Christmas every year. We don't really have any Thanksgiving traditions any more. All of our family are scattered all over the US now with most being on the West coast. With me being in treatment right now for the cancer, I can't really travel and I am not really up for company. My MIL has a big celebration this Wednesday...she will be turning 101. If we could travel we would have liked to have gone to see her and help her celebrate her 101 birthday. When you stop and think about all the things she has witnessed and seen change in the past 100 years...it is mind boggling!

I hope everyone here has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Golda...I hope you get your blood sugar level under control and hope you start feeling better very soon. You need to slow down and take it easy. You have just been non stop since before your daughter's wedding. Slow down my friend and take care of yourself.
SusieQ

Thank you, Susan. I'm trying to slow down. Unfortunately, we're hosting Christmas this year and have to get the extra couch my in-laws gave us out the living room, well, at least less furniture in there (it's driving me bonkers), which means we have to get the rooms organized (has to be done in order to work). We finished room 1 (well, have to refinish some furniture, but that can wait until after Christmas). Room 2 is supposed to be started this weekend (meeting with a friend about the lighting tomorrow after work). Once we get my craft stuff moved in there, we can shift the furniture around and be fine. Unfortunately, it's moving all my craft and office stuff from one end of the house into this room. Yikes!

That Honey Pork Roast sounds interesting. Have a fun, low key Thanksgiving. I know I'm thankful that things are going well for you! Let us know if you need prayers for anything specific.

Elaine, it is a good movie, so enjoy!!! Went to see it with Tabitha on Friday. Hey, I did relax for a while!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Previous

Return to Chit Chat