Scrap and Stamp Expo

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
WooHoo! The expo is coming back to KC this weekend. I just finished packing my supplies (lots!) and some clothes. I will be spending two nights at Linda Jo's because she lives close to the expo location. I have packed a bottle of wine and some popcorn for snacking at her house. I have M&Ms for us to nibble at the Expo because, as we all know, they melt in your mouth, not in your hand. :lol: We are taking three classes on Friday and two on Saturday. I am also taking a class later on Saturday to make a book with some G45 paper. Can you tell I'm excited about this? I will share the cards with you next week if they are finished. Based on past experience, an hour is not nearly enough time for these classes. It usually takes a few days to actually finish all of the cards.
Ellie

Wow! Sounds like a fun time for the 2 of you. Enjoy yourselves, the time together, the munchies, and the classes. I'm assuming you'll be shopping, as well. That's always my favorite part of expos and shows, as you get to see lots of fun stuff, new stuff, and come up with new ideas. It's great that you get to enjoy it all with a friend. I can't wait to see what you make in all your classes.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

How fun! Enjoy and can't wait to see your creations and hear about your new toys.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

It sounds like a great time! I know you and Linda Jo will have lots of fun and make lots of cools stuff. Can't wait to see what you two make!
Elaine
eoconnell

Have fun...I wish I could go with you too!
Trudeenr

Thanks, Gang! I hope to learn something new that I can pass on to you. And, yes, there will definitely be shopping involved.
Ellie

Enjoy your time with Linda Jo and at the expo.....sounds like lots of fun...
looking forward in what your going to make......
terrie

We are back in the real world. We had three classes each day and they were all very good. As predicted, we didn't have time to finish all of the cards in class so there is lots to do. My first job is to find homes for all of my loot. This is a photo of me in heaven. I did NOT buy all of this!! The big bags closest to me are my class projects. The tote bags were all free as was the plastic storage case. The other plastic bags filled with goodies were also FREE!!!! We got them all in our first class which was put on by the Expo people. Boy, was that fun! About every 10 minutes, they passed out one of these bags. I talked to the instructor yesterday and she told me she gives out that much free loot in every class and it is all different. So, next year, I will be taking more of those classes just to score the freebies. The manufacturer classes gave out one or two door prizes at the end of the session and I won won of those in the first class. And yes, I bought the rest. This was not my first rodeo!

I will post some photos of the cards as I get them finished. So, check back here throughout the week for some inspiration.
Attachments
IMG_0464.jpg
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!
IMG_0464.jpg (168.16 KiB) Viewed 1470 times
Ellie

Wow...and I'm totally in awe of all the free goodies you scored!
Trudeenr

Wow! You really made out, Ellie! Can't wait to see what you do with all of it. Oh, and your cards. I hope you have lots of explanation to go with them, so we can feel like we got to go and learn new stuff, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to Chit Chat