Birthday Cards- Thank you!

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Golda wrote:Kathy, you might be able to get cards that are held from your local post office, by saying they are missing and paying the few cents, if they are holding them. I once had an envelope delivered that said it was short 5 cents postage, so I just put a nickle in the mailbox the next day. It depends on your post person, whether, or not, they will actually deliver them.

Thanks, Golda. I've had this happen before in other towns and that is exactly what they did.
Not here. For some reason that don't notify you and then return it to sender. Makes me nervous to use bows, buttons or even some brads anymore.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I can't remember quite what the card had on it other than it was maroon! I tend to not make lumpy cards particularly so they will go through the mail. At any rate, glad you got the second one and hope it was a really happy 60th!
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:I can't remember quite what the card had on it other than it was maroon! I tend to not make lumpy cards particularly so they will go through the mail. At any rate, glad you got the second one and hope it was a really happy 60th!

Thanks, Elaine. It was a happy 60th. Kinda quiet... which was actually nice!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Jeanette, got you birthday card earlier this week. Thanks so much. Was nice to get some mail!
(Also, there was just a note in our local newspaper that the Sheriff's office had investigated recent mail thefts. They turn the investigation over to the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General because it appears to be a postal worker that has been doing the stealing, mostly of Rx orders from the VA Hospital. So very sad!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Jeanette, got you birthday card earlier this week. Thanks so much. Was nice to get some mail!
(Also, there was just a note in our local newspaper that the Sheriff's office had investigated recent mail thefts. They turn the investigation over to the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General because it appears to be a postal worker that has been doing the stealing, mostly of Rx orders from the VA Hospital. So very sad!)

That's crazy. My sister said they had another story about card theft. Glad you finally got it.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

Previous

Return to Chit Chat