Thoughts?

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Whispers wrote:Susie--You're giving me more credit than I deserve! :lol: You're working under the assumption that I have a plan! (*Looks for plan*...Nope, no plan!)
!

No sorry....I didn't really think you had a plan at this time. I think what I meant was that if there are members who are interested in giving their time to help build up participation / membership....that they should check with you first to see what plans you had if any. Well shucks. there I go again with that word "plan". You know what I meant to say. :lol: I also didn't mean to overwhelm you or anyone else with my suggestions. I kind of get into that stuff...building up things and networking etc. I know some of the things that it takes to build up a site so I just started throwing out some of them when Elaine asked for"thoughts" . I got carried away. The nerd in me was coming out :geek: Sorry!
SusieQ

Ellie wrote:If Susan can tell me how to set up a Pinterest board I would be willing to put our creations on it. I waste time on Pinterest every day so I may as well do something constructive. :lol:

Actually I could help you with that Ellie. There are 3 types of ways to set up a Pinterest account / board for WCC. I am assuming that by setting up a Pinterest board for WCC you hope to bring awareness to the site. Hopefully some will click on a pin instead of just repinning it to see where the pin originated. When that happens it will bring that person to WCC and hopefully they will look around and possibly like what they see and join etc. That is what I meant by using Pinterest to help build up site participation. Is that what you and everyone else are thinking too? If so, then two of the three options is what I would suggest for setting up a Pinterest board / account for WCC. That would require Sheri being on board with this as she would have to set up the Pinterest account / board since she is the owner of WCC. She can give permission to someone else to do the pinning but she has to be the one to open up the Pinterest account. The third option is for you or any member here to just create a WCC board on their own personal Pinterest account and pin all things from here onto that board. If you have a large following and you tag / describe the pins with the right key words...that way will eventually start grabbing attention. It is just a bit slower that way to get attention started. You also can not break the pins up into categories using one board on a personal account like you could with having an account of its own for WCC. That would limit things coming up in people's searches. I hope I am making sense.

I can explain the pros and cons of the 3 types of accounts...I can also help you with setting one up...it is really super easy. Sheri would have to decide though if she wants a Pinterest board connected with the site and if she is willing to open up a WCC Pinterest account. Sheri?....you reading this?

So check with Sheri and let me know if you need me to help you set up a Pinterest account / board. I am happy to help in any way that I can.
SusieQ

Thanks, Susan! I will see what Sheri thinks about this.
No pressure, Sheri! Think about it and take your time. We should probably wait until after Christmas to do anything since everyone is so busy this month.
Ellie

How about instagram?? It popular too and hashtags works wonders!
Anaggarciam

Previous

Return to Chit Chat