Photobucket slowness?

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Hi there, I have been experiencing extreme slowness with Photobucket of late and wonder if any of you have experienced it and if you have what is your work around? Is there another free photo uploading site to use for pictures that you recommend or do you suppose that just maybe I should purchase some space within Photobucket even though I am only consuming 11% of data? I would like to hear what you all do and what you experience when uploading pictures.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Ugh, I feel your pain Barry! Yes, Photobucket is killing me these days. It's like waiting for paint to dry. There was a thread a couple months ago on options and I don't think anyone came up with a different free site. I'll be checking back to see what other options there are.
Elaine
eoconnell

Sorry, I'm no help. I am able to put my photos on here straight from my laptop so I don't use a storage site. My photos are on the Cloud. Hope you get a good solution.
Ellie

Same problems. I had started the thread a few months ago. After trying out Flickr and Postimage, I did switch to Postimage. Liked the ease of use. However, didn't like that many of their pop up ads depicted butts and boobs and some very disturbing images (one was a bloody sketch of a person being cut in half, from the buttocks up. So very horrendous!)
Just in time, they added a "family friendly" option that does display milder ads. They are still a bit odd, but... the site is free. So I'm giving it another chance. Right now am using it just for wcc card photos, where I can paste the photos and you can see them right here on the Forum. I don't use it for challenges like Simon Says and Whimsie Doodles where people have to visit the photo link site to see the card. Don't want to subject them to offensive ads at the same time!
Note if you do try Postimage, make sure you select the "family friendly" or be prepared to see things that you can not unsee!

Ellie, my hubby has been telling me to switch everything to the Cloud to speed up my laptop, so I might need to try that out!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I use the free photo gallery app on my computer with Microsoft. Save the photos on my computer, which I can transfer off to backup.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Same problems. I had started the thread a few months ago. After trying out Flickr and Postimage, I did switch to Postimage. Liked the ease of use. However, didn't like that many of their pop up ads depicted butts and boobs and some very disturbing images (one was a bloody sketch of a person being cut in half, from the buttocks up. So very horrendous!)
Just in time, they added a "family friendly" option that does display milder ads. They are still a bit odd, but... the site is free. So I'm giving it another chance. Right now am using it just for wcc card photos, where I can paste the photos and you can see them right here on the Forum. I don't use it for challenges like Simon Says and Whimsie Doodles where people have to visit the photo link site to see the card. Don't want to subject them to offensive ads at the same time!
Note if you do try Postimage, make sure you select the "family friendly" or be prepared to see things that you can not unsee!

Ellie, my hubby has been telling me to switch everything to the Cloud to speed up my laptop, so I might need to try that out!

Checking out Postimage Kathy. What link do you copy to insert on this site? Downloaded really quickly, so that's encouraging.
Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, I use the Hotlink for Forums option.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Thanks Kathy. I'll definitely give it a try next time I post a photo because the download and the size reduction were a snap. Thanks for the "family friendly" tip because I saw no horrible images that I couldn't unsee.
Elaine
eoconnell

Return to Chit Chat