Calling all card makers to the rescue!

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
I've been sitting here catching up on emails and other "stuff" on the computer this morning while feeling sorry for myself. The truth be told, radiation has been kicking my butt. My skin hasn't burned yet but there must be internal burning as I have a lot of pain going on. It has also kicked up a lupus flare up. The pain in my left hip and both knees is so bad that I can hardly walk and stand. Yesterday I had to be taken into radiation in a wheelchair because the pain kept me from walking. We are hoping this flare up goes away fast but it likely will last during the rest of my treatments before it subsides. I'm a fighter and I'm usually very strong about things like this, but this morning I found myself feeling pretty sorry for myself and wishing this was all over already so I can get on with my life.

Then I clicked on a story on FB that I have ignored the last couple of days. It keeps popping up in my feed from various people sharing it but I had chose to ignore it. Today I read it. It was just what I needed to get myself back on track here and get back to doing what I need to do....which is continue my radiation and get through this thing with a positive attitude.

So I wanted to share this story with all my card making buddies here. Some of you may have already seen it on FB. I'm sending this little girl a card and I am asking any of you that may have made an extra Christmas card this year (or has time to make another one....even store bought would be great!) to send her one too. After all...isn't that why we make cards...to bring smiles? This little girl needs one. So will you please join me in sending her a card? She has two sisters too and their names are also in the news article along with the address if you would like to send them one too.

Here is the story and video from their local news station. . If the link does not work for you...let me know. If you need to google it..."Cards for Addie" should help you search it.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=325364 ... id=queue-1

Thank you!
SusieQ

Definitely tugs at the heart strings and a very easy wish to grant!

Susie - I hope you start feeling better soon! I know there is nothing "physical" that I can do for you, but you are in my prayers and thoughts everyday.
Trudeenr

I read this in my news feed earlier today, and it really tugs the heartstrings.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Susie.
Marlene D

Thanks for the link, Susan. I have a friend who had to do radiation for breast cancer. She had no other health issues and it was still very tough to get through. She did have burns and a lot of pain. So I can imagine how painful this is for you. I will hold you in my heart and in my prayers. Be strong; better times lie ahead.
Ellie

Thanks guys for your well wishes but I didn't want this to be about me. I will be fine and I will get through this. I was just feeling sorry for myself this morning and when I read the article about this little girl in Utah, I realized I have it pretty good and things could be worse.

I don't usually post about sending cards to someone I don't know and I usually don't pay much attention to those requests on FB, as sometimes they are not legit. But this one is and it touched my heart. Instead of filling up their PO box to cover her door with Christmas cards.....I would like to see her family walk into the PO and find not only their mailbox full, but maybe a big bag full too. I can help with that by sending her a card and thought I would ask my card making buddies if they would like to help with that too. If you can...thanks!
SusieQ

I have a card read for tomorrow's mail. (If this hadn't been on the news I wouldn't have done it since so many of these turn out to be bogus.)
Ellie

Thanks so much for posting that Susan. I'll be mailing cards out to Addie and her sisters. The link came through
just fine.
Hope you start feeling better very soon.
Linda
Cardjoy

I read this the other day. She lives in my state so it has been on the local news. So sad... I have cards ready for her and her sisters. Gonna mail them tomorrow.
Susan, I hope you start feeling better soon. Thoughts and Prayers your way.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Return to Chit Chat