Who's getting snow?

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
Well we are supposed to get 10 to 16 inches starting tonight. After Jax 1 year appointment (had 3 shots and blood work) we came back to the shop. We will be spending tonight and maybe tomorrow here. That way he can see DaDa. Otherwise it might be 3 whole days before he does. I don't think either one could go that long. lol

I brought my card with me in case we aren't home by Wednesday morning. I think you will all like the challenge.

Sooooooo who else is going to get snow?
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

We've got sunshine and mid 80s for the temps. I am sorry for your extra snow, Jeanette.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

The storm came through here first on Saturday. It snowed intermittently all day. Luckily, the temps last week were in the 50s and 60s so the ground was warm. The snow didn't stick on the streets at all and it barely showed on the grass. Best snowstorm ever! I'm sorry that you won't be as lucky. Stay safe and warm!
Ellie

Just rain here. Cold but hovering above freezing. Good luck up there - you know I'm watching Rochester!
Elaine
eoconnell

We were supposed to get 3-5 inches... and we did. But it melted pretty quickly and then froze again. Result- icy roads. I had an early morning meeting about 50 miles away and counted 7 cars in the ditch. Needless to say, I drove cautiously. Then the sun cam out and by the time my meeting was over, 4 hours later, the roads were perfectly clear. Typical spring weather in Wisconsin!
So... Jeanette, how much snow did you end up getting?
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

We just got wind here...and lots of rain the last couple of days!
Trudeenr

Well it started a lot latter than they thought. Bob was up every hour starting at midnight. Didn't get the call to plow till 3 am even though we only had 1 1/2". We plow at 2. Well luckily we only had 2 cars scheduled because at around 1 it started coming down. Right now Bob and Joe (he plows for Bob) are on their 4th run. Hey will finish this route, sleep, then start all over again at 2. I'll let you know total snow fall tomorrow.

Oh and Nick totaled his car coming off a ramp. Not hurt at all.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

jeanettegraves

Oh Jeanette, I'm glad that he wasn't hurt. Stay warm and dry!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

As of 6am at our airport we have had over 15". It's still coming down. We were just gonna go home to heck out the house but they closed the expressway due to a tanker truck spinning out. CRAZY

jeanettegraves

Jeanette, I'm so glad that Nick wasn't hurt! I hope it stops snowing soon. Stay safe!
Last edited by Ellie on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ellie

Next

Return to Chit Chat