another Pinned item!

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
I thought I would share the other "pinned" item that I'm inspired by and my progress on it. As you all know, Stephen and I are celebrating our 25th Anniversary with a party on July 8th, and I decided that I wanted to make the cake. I finally narrowed down all the ideas (with lots of help from my Aunt) to this cake....
breathtaking-white-wedding-cake.jpg
breathtaking-white-wedding-cake.jpg (23.58 KiB) Viewed 1491 times

I've made several trips to M's, HL, and J looking for the "perfect" centers and finally decided to go with a variety. JoAnn's had the bead section of sale for 60% off, I bought a lot!

Here's the first 2 flowers I've made...the one is laying on some crumpled alum foil to hold up it's petals...but I'm liking the other one (with the 3 layers) better but I will probably do a variety of both. I've got to make at least 20 flowers...gum paste is so fragile that if I don't you know they will get broke in transit to the church.
P1340433.JPG
P1340433.JPG (23.83 KiB) Viewed 1491 times

I promise to post a picture of the finished cake...
Trudeenr

Beautiful work Trudi! Can't wait to see the whole cake.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Your flowers are amazing!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, those are gorgeous! Great job and truly a labor of love. I took one of those Wilton classes and final cake was a wedding cake. I remember those roses taking me forever!
Elaine
eoconnell

Well, Samantha helped me make 19 large gum paste flowers for the cake...my Aunt Mary helped me put it all together. I think it turned out really well...it definitely tasted good (white cake with lemon filling and chocolate with chocolate gauche).

P1340739.JPG
P1340739.JPG (26.73 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Trudeenr

Trudi, what a sweet photo of you and your sweetie! That cake is gorgeous and you look amazing in that elegant dress! Congrats!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

What a gorgeous cake and a beautiful couple! Congratulations on both getting everything done and much more importantly, the years you have been married.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Return to Chit Chat