I'm Stuck!

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
We were supposed to get home from Kaui at 2:00am tomorrow morning. Well, our plane came into Kauai with a problem. They tried to fix it for about two hours and then they cancelled the flight. Poor Larry stood in line for two hours to reschedule our flights. Rescheduling an entire planeload of people in a dinky airport is a nightmare! It was too late in the day to be able to get a flight to the mainland. We had to fly to Honolulu this evening and spend the night. We don't get to fly out until midnight tomorrow. Then we will have a 6 hour layover in San Francisco before we fly to KC. We are supposed to land in KC at 6:40pm Sunday night. We are looking at it as an unexpected adventure. We hope to get a rental car in the morning and spend the day exploring the eastside of Oahu. Thank goodness we are able to be flexible! Hope to be back with you guys next week.
Ellie

Hmmm... so you are telling us that you are stuck in Paradise? What a great adventure! (Although I do feel for Larry. Waiting in lines is such a pain. I hope that the airlines paid for your hotel room and food. If it was maintenance I think that, by law, they have to!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Thanks, Kathy. Yes we got a free room. We have food vouchers but we don't know if they will be accepted everywhere. We know we can at least use them for breakfast in the hotel this morning. Even though I would like to be at home right now, I am looking forward to aday of exploring and maybe a little more shopping.
Ellie

If you have to be stuck somewhere, you sure picked a good spot! Hope you have a fun adventure!
Elaine
eoconnell

Enjoy the unexpected extension of your amazing adventure!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

What a nice place to be stuck...
Trudeenr

The bad news was there were no rental cars available so our plans to drive along the coast were shot down. We ended up taking an hour long bus ride to Waikiki. We went to a nice aquarium and had lunch at Cheeseburger In Paradise. By then it was 3:00 and a lot of attractions close at 4:00 on Saturday so we rode the bus back to the hotel to retrieve our bags and take the shuttle to the airport. We've been here for 4 1/2 hours and we have two hours to go until we board at 11:30PM. Then we fly to San Francisco where we have a six hour wait for our flight home. I am not currently a fan of airports. Can you tell that I am getting tired and a wee bit cranky?
Ellie

Look at the bright side...you're safe and there's food and bathrooms. You'll be home before you know it and it will all be a distant memory. One day you'll look back and (maybe) fondly remember when you were stuck in the airport. Or not.
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Look at the bright side...you're safe and there's food and bathrooms. You'll be home before you know it and it will all be a distant memory. One day you'll look back and (maybe) fondly remember when you were stuck in the airport. Or not.

We had a wonderful time these last two weeks so all of those good memories will wipeout the less than perfect trip home. I will post a couple of photos this week and my Facebook page will have more. We never sat on the beach because we were so busy doing fun stuff. I will be back in the groove soon-I'm having crafting withdrawal.
Ellie

Return to Chit Chat