Very Bad No Good Monday...

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
It's been a rough week. Last week I called to order my BP meds only to find out that there is a national shortage. Played phone tag with the Doctor's office trying to get a new prescription. They wanted me to start monitoring my bp a couple times a day to see if there is any change. Okay, that's easy to do. I bought a new bp machine, the wrist style, it'll be easier to do my bp with the colder weather and not having to stretch out my sweaters. UGH...this machine is so picky...or I'm doing something really wrong. First reading was my normal, then without changing anything, the 2nd reading was an ERR, then normal agian.

Well, I started my new meds Saturday night but Sunday my lip felt tingly...okay, we went to a potluck and with my food allergies I figured one of the serving spoons had been used with one of the dishes I was avoiding. It went away after using Benedryl cream. Monday morning I was out shopping with Joseph when the side of my face started tingling. I keep track of it, but as the day went on it became more pronounced. So, another call into the doctor's, yep they agree with me...it's an allergic reaction. Stop taking that med, and swing by to pick up another prescription. Since I was in the office, I asked if someone could show me how to use my bp machine (yep, I had it in the car with me). Of course...not a problem...right??? Yep, lots of problems...my machine read 170 and theirs read 182. They took multiple readings...not good... They began asking where the tingling was...right side of the face...no where else? HMMMM...they left and interrupted the doctor...he redid the bp, and began testing my strength in my arms, telling me to smile, frown, and talk tongue twisters. Okay, I'm freaking out now... The doctor told me that I could be having signs of a stroke or it just might be a really bad reaction to the new meds but he could not let me leave except by AMBULANCE! Yes, I got my first ride in an ambulance...across the parking lot...yes, they could have pushed me in a wheelchair much faster than loading me into the ambulance!

By the time I got into the ER...large red blotchy spots were showing up on my face and chest and the rest of me looked like I was badly sunburned! By the time the ER doctor came in, I was complaining on how badly my skin was itching. So they gave me Benedryl. 30 minutes later my bp was close to normal! Of course I had to stay another 3 hours to make sure no other issues showed up.

Well, I'm tired...I'm still taking Benedryl...have yet another bp med which also can make you feel tired... I don't know if I will get to do this week's challenges, I can't stay awake for very long or when I'm awake I feel brain dead! I will be checking in on y'all to see the pretty creations you have come up with!
Trudeenr

Oh my gosh Trudi, how scary! Hope you feel better soon and can get you BP under control and figure out how to work that tricky machine.
Elaine
eoconnell

Oh Trudi, how terrifying! I'm glad you sought medical help so quickly. Take care and feel better soon.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

What a scary experience with your bp and that wrist machine...I hope you get better soon just take time to rest...hugs
terrie

That was a no good Monday! Hope you are feeling like your old self soon!
Ellie

Yikes! Trudi, you are definitely in my prayers. It's horrid when they can't figure out the meds that we need to live.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes! I am definitely feeling better! I was able to go off the Benedryl on Friday and my bp has gone down to the low 140's/high 130's (good range for me). Now to get use to this new meds...it's making me really tired & when I do sleep it's very restless. (My hubby says I've carried on conversions while I was sleeping...oh what secrets he might find out about :shock: :o )
Trudeenr

Return to Chit Chat