Something Funny!

A place for idle chatter and discussions on non-paper crafting topics.
I have to tell you what Sheri just did! (I know I shouldn't but it is too funny to pass up!)

She is online ordering some Christmas gifts and accidently ordered a Kindle version of a gift she is giving. They asked if she wanted it sent to her Kindle or to someone else's. She clicked her own, since she couldn't delete it and couldn't get out of that screen without the choice. She, then, was notified that she had received a gift from herself and could claim it or exchange it for something else. I told her she should exchange it for something she wants. After all...it is a gift!

Her husband told her to exchange this book for something she wanted, but not to tell herself if she didn't want hurt feelings. He said, too, that if it should be brought up in conversation, she should steer to another topic lest the gifter realize that she has exchanged it! LOL!!! Listening to this was so funny I wish you could have been there!

Also he wanted to auto-correct "ebook" to "ebola!" Sure, they are completely interchangeable!

Happy Birthday, Sheri! Have fun with your gift!!!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

He he! Penguin Sushi has quite a sense of humor! And don't feel bad Sheri, I recently ordered a monitor at work from Best Buy and after my transaction I realized the store I ordered from was in DC and NOT Orlando where I am! Needless to say I had to call Best Buy and cancel it because they wouldn't just switch the store and I was not about to travel 750 miles to pick up a $600 monitor LOL
Ceewater

Okay, all of you have me laughing! Thank you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I like the delightful humor of our Penguin Sushi! So funny!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Happy Birthday Sheri! I hope you had a wonderful day. I know from reading the above funny story that you were at least giggling today! :lol: :lol: :lol:
SusieQ

I'm so glad you shared my "stupidity" with the world! Thanks Mom! In my defense, it wasn't entirely my fault. :) I still do not know why it would not give me anywhere to cancel the transaction. It wouldn't let me out. It wouldn't let me delete it from my "cart." I was really annoying.

However, Mom didn't tell you about my discussion (via chat) with the customer service rep! :lol: :lol: I was glad I wasn't on the phone with him because I was laughing like a lunatic! Of course I didn't tell him that I'd accidentally ordered the book. :oops: :lol:

I still haven't decided if I want to keep the e-book or exchange it for something else. However I have to keep that part secret from myself! It was pretty funny, but the conversation was hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you all got a laugh!
Whispers

Return to Chit Chat