Spellbinder vs Big Shot

Have a paper crafting question? Post it here and maybe someone can help!
I get to upgrade from my old red Sizzix die cut machine but which one do I choose? Big Shot? Spellbinder? Other?
I would like to be able to use Nestabilities, other thin dies, my embossing folders, and lay a card base out flat to cut/emboss just the edge (Big Red was too narrow to do that!). I would like to be able to buy some of the larger dies too (a2 panel dies, swing card die, etc).

What do you recommend????
Trudeenr

Love my Big Shot. When my first one died, I was very sad and used my Cuttlebug - which has the advantage of being more portable if that's important for you but my friend knew I missed my Big Shot and found one in a garage sale for $15 and bought it for me. It does everything I need it to do and happy to be back in Big Shot land. I know there are lots of new machines (some bigger & some electric, which may appeal to you), but I have no experience with the new stuff.
Elaine
eoconnell

I have one of the large Spellbinder machines (manual). The only time I ever use it is when I have something large to cut. Usually, I use my Cuttlebug. The one I have (don't remember the actual name of it) doesn't do the thick dies (the old type), but it does do thin dies and embossing folders, etc. I like it, but like I said, rarely use it as it just takes too much space.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Return to Q & A