Using dryer sheets with cutting dies

Share interesting projects and tutorials you've found. Please link and give credit where it is due!
I haven't tried this yet but it looks pretty amazing just watching it and Deb sounds so excited in the video while demonstrating the technique...so I had to share! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQx_rKUwjsQ
SusieQ

Hideho! Actually, it's brilliant! Thank you for posting this Susan. I've ruined more die cuts and spent more time poking out diecuts than you can imagine, so this will indeed be life altering! I love this lady!
Elaine
eoconnell

I saw ther video and I was impress how easy it was...
Beside having baby wipes, wax paper in the craft room dryer sheet will be there too...
terrie

I tried this yesterday after I got her email. It really does work! She is not exaggerating at all-there is no poking needed. I used a very delicate, intricate die and it just peeled right off the dryer sheet. I raced to my grocery list and added a big box of dryer sheets. Hideeho, Stampers!
Ellie

Susan, I'm thrilled with using the wax paper you told me about. ;)
Geminijen

I'm thinking I'll have to go purchase some dryer sheets. I used a die today that ripped while I was trying to get the pieces out. Yeah for new ideas and ways of doing things!!!!! Thanks for sharing, Susan!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

This is so incredible!!! I can't wait to give it a try. I have to run down to Walmart tomorrow so dryer sheets will definitely be on my list...
Thanks Susan :)
Jane
Jane from Utah

See...I tried this and it didn't work at all. I shared it on facebook for a few friends too and one of them (at least one--she's the only one who has commend so far that she tried it) tried it and it didn't work for her either.

Any suggestions from those who have tried it and got it to work?
Whispers

A friend shared another similar method using the following sandwich on your cutting plate: 1 dryer sheet, cardstock, wax paper, die, then another cutting plate. I haven't tried it, but am willing to give it a shot as well.
Elaine
eoconnell

I haven't tried it yet. I usually use wax paper and have had great luck with it but I may try the dryer sheets one day. Ellie posted that it worked for her. Maybe she has some suggestions?

Oh...I meant to add...Elaine may have a good idea with making a different "sandwich" to get it to work. Everyone's cutting machines are not calibrated the same......is that the word I want? Mine never needs extra shims to make something cut or emboss whereas I see some on you tube that have to add shims at times to achieve a cut or embossing. I hope my Big Shot never breaks because I got lucky with it. It has been great. I'm afraid the next one might be a lemon so I hope this one lasts me a loooooooong time! :D Its getting old but I keep telling it that it has plenty more use in it!
SusieQ

Next

Return to Look what I found!