Homemade Flower Soft

Share interesting projects and tutorials you've found. Please link and give credit where it is due!
During the last crop Barry offered a challenge where we could use flower soft. There was quite a discussion as some of us had never heard of this fun item! I researched and found that you can make an inexpensive version with styrofoam balls. Well... I found a few of them at Goodwill last week so thought I'd try it out. Just cut the ball in half and rubbed the two halves together. The results were kinda okay. A little chunky... actually really pretty chunky... and were statically charged.
So... I kinda sparkled, in a chunky-glittery way, when I was finished. (Since I had rubbed the styrofoam balls together in the car while my husband drove home from a shopping trip. The car seat was sparkly, in a chunky-glittery way, too. My husband was not impressed!)
Put the finished product into a jar, added some glitter, and attached with white glue. Turned out... but wasn't as white as I wanted. I later read that people often add white flocking to their white flower soft. And going to try that next time. Here is a close up of the finished product.

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Thank you for the info! I had watched the video, too, and had bought the Styrofoam. I haven't tried it yet. I am still working on Christmas gifts! But I will. I think it looks great! I was in a shop with a friend the other day that actually carried Flower Soft. Too many things to buy and not enough money! Isn't that always the way?
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Sure looks good from the photo Kathy! I love that you did this project in the car while your hubby was driving. Too funny!
Elaine
eoconnell

A great idea! Thanks for sharing Kathy.
SusieQ

Kathy, thanks the info on this...something to keep on file when needed.
terrie

Can you post the link to the tutorial so everyone can take a look at it? :D
Whispers

Whispers wrote:Can you post the link to the tutorial so everyone can take a look at it? :D

Happy to!
Actually, thinking the easiest way to find it was via Scrapzee... I discovered that ScrapZee is still one line!
So if you haven't copies things from there yet... you still can. At least right now.
Here is the link to making flowersoft from styrofoam balls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_tz3P9NOcY
(if the link doesn't work, go to Youtube and put this in the search box- How To Make Colored Fluff For Flowers and Snow.)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Return to Look what I found!