Posting Pictures

To post pictures of your creations you will need to:

1. Resize your photos. Resize them so that they are no more than 500 pixels on the longest side.
2. Start your post--below the box where you put in your text there are three tabs (Options, Upload attachment, and Poll creation). Choose the "Upload attachment" tab.
3. Next to "Filename:" click the "Browse" button and select your resized photo.
4. Click "Add the file" button.

When you submit your post you'll see your photo in the post.
Whispers

Hmmm. I've been using Photobucket for a few years. Is there any way that I can link to a photo on that site instead of one on my computer? Or can I just paste the photo in?

My main problem is that I can crop photos on my computer, but I don't think I can adjust the pixels.
Thanks!

Update, I found a way to post the photos... but am sure there must be an easier way! (I ended up doing my usual editing on Photobucket, then saving that edited photo to my laptop. That allowed me to post it to the site. So... problem solved. However, if you know of an easier way, please let this non-techie person know!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I've never used photobucket, so I can't really help you there. I don't think PS (Penguinsushi aka not Brad) has used it either. Perhaps someone else here can help you experiment with it.

Can anyone help Kathy here?
Whispers

Kathy....first please forgive me for not resizing the photo before putting it in my post....just grabbed one to show you how to do it from photobucket.
How to put a picture in your post from photobucket:
1) click on the image button above while in posting mode...it is the third green button from the right...it will put two brackets with "img" in both brackets on your post (you will see your cursor in between the brackets.
2)go to the picture you want to insert on photobucket and click (left click) on the "Direct" link in the "Share Links" box. It will say briefly that it copied the link
3) Now come back to your post and paste that link in between the img brackets where your cursor is.
4) If you want to also post wording / text into your post, make sure you have done that before or after the "img" brackets or the text will will mess up the link and your picture won't post.

For uploading any pictures from your computer you would do it the way Sheri said with the upload attachment. For inserting any pictures from the web such as photobucket...you would use the (img) insert image button and then insert the link.

I hope that helps you.
SusieQ

If you guys had Apple computers, your lives wouldn't be so complicated.....just sayin'. :lol:
Ellie

Good call, Susie! See folks there she is to the rescue again! :D
Whispers

Please see the first post for updated resizing requirements!

Thanks!! :)
Whispers

Return to Forum Q & A