Roses, Stamps and More Roses!

A place to share cards/projects that you have made.
I was given this set of rose stamps for my birthday and just got to try them last week! I am in love. The web address where they come from is http://www.stacystamps.com. She has several flowers, birds and, in the Nature section, the cutest bunny ever! She even has a little skunk in daisies. Too sweet. I am not a spokesperson for her company. I am just totally in love with these stamps.

If you really look at these roses, you will notice that no two are just alike. I stamp with a really light pink to begin with and sometimes it is hard to see. I have painted enough roses to know how they unfold, though, and just use the lines as a suggestion for where to place color. When you use the dark, medium and light values and blend well between them, you will end up with a beautiful flower that looks like you spent hours working on it! Not true. It only takes a few minutes since the stamp already indicates where to place the dark value. You decide where to place the light and the rest is...medium value! I go back after it dries and deepen those tiny "deep dark" areas for a real pop! Some of you need to try this. You would love it!
Attachments
Roses.jpg
Roses.jpg (67.97 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Beautiful roses! Makes me wish spring was here. I'm tired of winter already. You did a really nice job with these. Your work is always beautiful Marilyn.
SusieQ

Susie, I saw a Facebook post just the other day that was counting down the days until spring. I am hopeful. We have beautiful weather here this week and then the next will be cold again. I just keep doing the things that help me hold onto that hope that spring will be here soon. Usually by March the dogwood are in bloom and the redbud, too. That always delights my heart! Those bluebirds in the tree Wednesday morning were a delight. They were like a breath of fresh air. Meanwhile, I am painting roses!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Those are gorgeous, Marilyn! Good grief, here I'm hoping winter might come back. I think we had 1 cold week this year and it really wasn't that cold. Usually we get at least a few.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Those are gorgeous!
Elaine
eoconnell

So beautiful Marilyn!!! Your work is amazing!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Gorgeous, Marilyn. You honor God's handiwork so beautifully through your painting!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh Marilyn, these roses are just beautiful
Thank you for sharing them with us..
terrie

Return to Want to see what I made?