Bridal Shower Projects

A place to share cards/projects that you have made.
A couple friends of ours are getting married in October and I'm one of the bridesmaids. In fact, I'm the only local bridesmaid, so I enlisted the help of a lady from church who has known the bride her whole life and we were joined by another who has apparently known the groom most of his life (oddly enough since none of us are originally from HERE-- :lol: )

Anyway--I'm so glad they're both helping. The one is doing food--THANK the Lord! Not my forte!--and the other is doing some centerpieces and helping with food. I've been working on some decorative projects for the shower.

These are the only ones done so far:

The first is a basket with a bow--there are two of these. We're going to have the guests self address their thank you note envelopes, so one basket is for those to go in once they're addressed. The other two ladies liked the idea of a date night suggestion type thing as a guest book. I was put in charge of finding a book or memento type way of doing that. I'd seen an idea on Pinterest where people had written notes on Jenga blocks. Since the couple loves games and their wedding reception is game themed, I thought that would be a good idea. So basket #2 is for the signed Jenga pieces.

BasketsForJengaDateNightPiecesAndAddresedThankYouEnvies.JPG
BasketsForJengaDateNightPiecesAndAddresedThankYouEnvies.JPG (165.16 KiB) Viewed 1612 times

This second one is another Pinterest idea find--I loved the idea. The original also had the couple's last name on it, but I couldn't find letters to make it work nicely, so I left it off. It is just a 3 pic frame with their wedding date inside. I really love how it turned out. The bride's mom said it fits her style perfectly--which is great as I was just guessing! Haha! :lol: This is also intended to be part of their shower gift from us (myself, hubby, and our Bug--who is the flower girl)

MyFinishedESTFrameProject.JPG
MyFinishedESTFrameProject.JPG (133.17 KiB) Viewed 1612 times

I have 2 other projects in the works, but they're not finished yet. I'll take pics of those when they're done.
Whispers

Wow Sheri, you've been busy!
Trudeenr

Sheri, those are both wonderful and lots of wonderful ideas, as well. It's neat that you got ideas off Pinterest and made them work for you. So many Pinterest ideas just don't work without a LOT of practice and looking up other ways to accomplish them. :roll:
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Return to Want to see what I made?