Girl Scout projects

A place to share cards/projects that you have made.
Do you remember Lora Brinkman? When I first started with the card group, she was on of the first people that I traded with. In fact, she was my very first Secret Pal! It was really nice because she was a Girl Scout Leader as well (her daughter is 2 years ahead of Katrina) and were shared tips for cardmaking as well as Scout projects. Well, she has started a Patch Company for youth groups, and we have started our 2nd one of her patch program called Handmade Treasures. We have gotten 2 steps completely completed (Paper Project & Altered Item) and started the 3rd (Textile). Here is a picture of my samples...

P1330944.JPG
P1330944.JPG (31.73 KiB) Viewed 1525 times

P1330937.JPG
P1330937.JPG (27.35 KiB) Viewed 1525 times

For the Paper Project, we made Snail Mail. They LOVED it...especially since they got to mix and match papers (I precut everything and made the envelopes.) For the Altered item, we took a mouse trap, decorated it, and turn it into a note holder. (The flower bundle was from a tag swap that we did, I don't remember who it was from but it had a cameo picture on the tag as well.) For the Textile item, I made cardboard looms for them to weave a Friendship Bracelet. (The bracelet will be finished at home and a picture texted to me when it's finished.) They got a lot done in 1 1/2 hours...only 2 projects left to do and they have to decide which item to give as a gift! Lucky for me, only 4 of the 8 girls came to the meeting or we wouldn't have been able to get so much done...choosing their papers and flowers took FOREVER! :lol: :D
Trudeenr

I remember Lora... and what exciting projects you have created. How fun for your troupe members!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh, how fun, Trudi! Those are all great and what a fun way to earn a patch.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Return to Want to see what I made?