Thursday Challenge.....and a little flower! - WINNER Ellie!

Terrie, I like your frilly, girly card; the dahlias look like buds; well done!

Marilyn, that does not look like a clam to me but I can see how the swirly background made him think of water and then take it a step further to clam. Nice color combo.
Ellie

Ellie, I love, love, love your color choices! I also like that you reversed the dominate color on the second large dahlia, nice effect and contrast! Nicely done
Barry
Prince of Paper

Terrie, I really like your color choices as well. I also think that using one fold per flower is a terrific choice for a spring flower as it is just budding! And I love that you inked around the paper, perfect idea to create depth and to make the back side different than the front! Nice, nice, nice! Thanks for playing.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Marilyn, I don't think it looks like a clam but then I am in flower mode. Maybe your hubby is hungry :lol:
I like how you used the embossing as your stem. I too like the contrast of your colored paper. Looks good enough to eat :D
Thanks for playing along!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Whispers wrote:Barry...I think your challenge offends my obsessive compulsive tendencies...
This might drive me crazy...They don't come out evenly! AK!!! :? :roll: :lol:

I know what you mean, I am a Virgo and when things are not necessarily even it can sometimes just make me cringe. But you have to realize that the most imperfect flower still looks prettier than Solomon in all his glory!
Barry
Prince of Paper

I mostly posted that comment about it offending my obsessive compulsive tendencies because Mom got such a laugh out of it. :D I did find it somewhat frustrating, but I do really really like how this card turned out. And, on the upside, I have enough circles cut to do another one (and almost a 3rd)!

The orange double sided paper/card stock (it seems thinner than card stock, but heavier than paper) was some paper Elaine gave me. (Still using it Elaine!) The green paper I made the stems from is actually one sided paper and I sponged the other side green--then used the same ink and a brayer (spell check wants me to change that word to "bracer"--lol) on my embossing folder, which is not something I've tried before.

And mine doesn't look like a clam. ;) :lol: (PS said Mom's card didn't make him think clam. He said more of an umbrella! ;) )
Attachments
DahliaChallengeThinkSpringCropFebruary2015.JPG
DahliaChallengeThinkSpringCropFebruary2015.JPG (127.07 KiB) Viewed 109 times
Whispers

Whispers wrote:Barry...I think your challenge offends my obsessive compulsive tendencies...
This might drive me crazy...They don't come out evenly! AK!!! :? :roll: :lol:

Sheri - I had that problem too! I wanted to keep fussing with them, but then I thought "What flower petal is identical to the one next to it?"

Golda - I used 1 inch circles! :roll:
Trudeenr

Very nice Sheri, I like the background
terrie

Lovely flower cards everyone! I love all the different shapes and colors you have all used.
I won't be able to play until Sunday. We are going to Idaho tomorrow to take my brother to a tractor show. Sounds like fun huh!!! My challenge is tomorrow but I may have to post it tonight,as we are leaving early in the morning.
Jane
Jane from Utah

I love all of the texture on your card, Sheri. It looks very nature-y. (Have I made up another word?)
Ellie

PreviousNext

Return to Think Spring Crop -- February 18-21, 2015