Thursday Challenge....Set for Spring...WINNER IS TERRIE!

The air is warming, flowers are starting to poke through the frozen ground, and the love birds are a fluttering! Those love birds are a cooing and you know what that will bring about...WEDDINGS and BABIES! This spring my niece Kellen is getting married and 2 young ladies are having babies in April! A couple of them have hinted that they would like a set of handmade cards. What is an Auntie to do...challenge her "crew" to inspire her! Your challenge is to create a MONOGRAM card SET WITH BOX. (any style of box, purse,or gift bag is fine)
This is what I have started for Kellen and Jordan's wedding...

P1250859.JPG
P1250859.JPG (22.81 KiB) Viewed 261 times

Here are a couple of boxes that you can try out...I've also made a "purse" gift bag to put the card set in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbnm5XXo_g

http://www.damasklove.com/perforated-no ... -tutorial/

You have until midnight CST on Tuesday, February 24 to make a project for this challenge and post a picture of it. Don’t forget, the project you do for one challenge in the crop cannot be used for any other crop challenges. Feel free to use your project for challenges on other boards/websites. On Wednesday, February 25, I will choose a random participant for a prize. Thank you for playing along.

1. Terrie ...WINNER!
2. Ellie
3. Golda
4. Kathy
5. Jane
6. Marilyn
7. Sheri
Last edited by Trudeenr on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Trudeenr

Trudi, what a fabulous challenge and love your monogrammed cards! I'm bummed I'm not going to be able to play (still sans computer), but I will definitely be doing this in the future!
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudi, your cards are wonderful! Hmmm, now to think of something.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Very nice set of cards and a wonderful gift idea...well done Trudi
terrie

Those are beautiful, Trudi! I bet the bride will love them!

I'll have to see what I can come up with!
Whispers

Interesting challenge, Trudi. It will be fun to see the sets of cards and I'd love to see some new boxes. Thanks for hosting!
Ellie

I love to make gift cards and boxes! So glad you challenged us with this. Your project is sure to bring smiles to the recipient. Lovely!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Trudi, what a creative challenge! I don't have any weddings in the future, but a few graduations and birthdays. (PS Your cards and gift box are great!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Awesome! One of my best friends who lives in Chicago is having her first baby soon and this is a great idea for a little baby gift so that she can send thank you notes to people who attend her shower! Thanks Trudi I will work on this.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Beautiful set Trudi! No weddings or babies on the way... but I've made these sets before. I used Get Well, Thinking of You, Hello, etc cards to go in them. I'd give them to my Mom and Aunt so they'd have cards to send out.
Marlene D

Next

Return to Think Spring Crop -- February 18-21, 2015