Thursday Challenge....Set for Spring...WINNER IS TERRIE!

WOW Ellie...that gift set is AWESOME!
Trudeenr

Gosh Ellie, the cards are as cute as the box!
Elaine
eoconnell

Ellie, the gift cards are awesome...what a lovely gift set with the box...well done
terrie

Ellie, all of your cards are darling!
Jane
Jane from Utah

This took a while! Made the set for my MIL - J.P.
Thurs - Set (278x400).jpg
Thurs - Set (278x400).jpg (113.31 KiB) Viewed 111 times

The accordion box instructions are here, as it was really pretty cool.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/accordionstylecardholder/
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, very pretty set and your MIL will love it!
Elaine
eoconnell

Golda, the cards are very pretty; I love the font for the initials. The box is just gorgeous. I would be thrilled to get this set! Your MIL will love it. Beautiful job!
Ellie

Golda, what a wonderful gift to give to your MIL
this set turned out fantastic...well done
terrie

Golda - I love how you used the scalloped edger to mimic the dp on the cards! Your MIL will enjoy using the cards.
Trudeenr

Golda, your MIL will love using these cards. So special! (And thanks for the box instructions. Am going to have to try making one of those!

I had fun making my set. However, I did make a few "adjustments" in the challenge parameters. So... if it doesn't count, that is fine! Was great to have a reason to make this fun gift. A bit of background. A friends 10 year old daughter has a heart of amazing compassion. Says that she wants to be a missionary when she grows up. However, has decided that she really doesn't want to wait. So... for the past few years has made a habit of finding ways to help people who have a need. The last few Thanksgivings she has purchased frozen turkeys for the community food bank, using money that she received as donations for tasks that she completed (I know that she has raked leaves, shoveled sidewalks, cleaned homes, babysit, washed windows, and more!) I talked with her last week and discovered that she invited a few other friends to join her. They now have a club (that she calls her "non-profit"- love that!!) They've had several meetings, identifying "needs" and then either meeting them through their own work or, if money is needed, finding ways to raise the money. It blows me away that she has so much initiative and compassion at 10 years of age!

I decided to make a set of cards that she can send to encourage people that God puts on her heart. Since she is Chinese (adopted at age 2) the cards feature not monograms, but Chinese symbols that I know she will like. (The photo shows the card design. I made 10 total, five Grace and five Blessings. You can't see it in the photo, but the right side of the card is a flap that slides into a slit under the symbol. Gives the card an added touch.)
Also, since I will be mailing them to her, instead of a box, I decided to make a decorative envelope that will easily slide into a mailing envelope. It has the monogram on the front.

Thanks, Trudi, for the inspiration. It is a joy to bless this little Blessing with a gift that I know she will appreciate!
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to Think Spring Crop -- February 18-21, 2015