Color Me Springtime WINNER...SHERI

For this color challenge, we are going to play with one of the first flower colors we see! I know many of you have your favorite colors and flowers, but this time we are using mine! So for your challenge today, you are to make a project of your choosing using the color violet. It can be blue-violet, purple, or red-violet in any shade or value you like, but it must be combined with another color. Choose whatever color scheme you like, but lavenders and purples are the color of the day.

You have until midnight CST on Tuesday, February 24 to make a project for this challenge and post a picture of it. Don’t forget, the project you do for one challenge in the crop cannot be used for any other crop challenges. Feel free to use your project for challenges on other boards/websites. On Wednesday, February 25, I will choose a random participant for a prize. Thank you for playing along.

Colorizers:
1. Terrie
2. Ellie
3. Sheri
4. Jane
5. Golda
6. Kathy
7. Trudi
8. Barry
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (54.71 KiB) Viewed 235 times
My Challenge 2.jpg
My Challenge 2.jpg (53.75 KiB) Viewed 235 times
My Challenge Spring Crop.jpg
My Challenge Spring Crop.jpg (54.66 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Last edited by Paintbrushbrown on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Such beautiful cards... using a wonderful color! Can't wait to play... just need to decide if I'll use my lilac stamp, or the hydrangea one? Hmmm... or maybe both!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Nice cards Marilyn...I like the watercolor image
terrie

Oh Boy! The purple/violet family is my fave!
Ellie

I used lavender color combo with yellow...
The background is not blue it is lavender...the cell phone has a mind of it's own and made
it blue.
Attachments
2 20 2015 Lavender Challenge (Marilyn).jpg
2 20 2015 Lavender Challenge (Marilyn).jpg (198.06 KiB) Viewed 218 times
terrie

Beautiful, Terrie! I love the butterfly. I would sure love to see one of those today! I would hate to see the little thing's wings freeze, though!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Paintbrushbrown

Marilyn, your examples are beautiful!

Terrie, that is so pretty! I can totally understand about a camera changing colors on you. It is quite annoying.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Beautiful Irises on your card, Terrie! I hate when the camera messes up the colors. I know that it is a lovely lavender in person.

Y'all know that I love me some purple so, I had a great time with this challenge. I have a ton of purple CS but not nearly as much purple DP as I thought. All but one piece of this is Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments paper.
Attachments
IMG_1699.jpg
Color Me Springtime Challenge
IMG_1699.jpg (149.36 KiB) Viewed 212 times
Ellie

Ellie, I love the purple prints. They make some pretty ones! I love the flowers combined with the plaid/criss -crossed lines whatever they're called! The sentiment finishes it off perfectly! Great card!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Paintbrushbrown

Just so you all know...I live on a mountain in the middle of nowhere. We have gotten ice, sleet, snow, more sleet, cold and really cold windiness. Tonight we are to get more ice...with the possibility of power outages and thunder along with it. Tomorrow it will warm up to around 40 degrees and provide us with thunderstorms. Keeping in mind that I haven't been able to drive since last summer, my ability to get out of this place is not high with the window of opportunity very small. So, in keeping with our spring theme, the winner of this crop challenge may have to wait until spring thaws to collect your prize. I'm just puttin' this disclaimer out there!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Paintbrushbrown

Next

Return to Think Spring Crop -- February 18-21, 2015