Recipe for Spring--Winner is Kathy!!

Great job ladies!

Ellie--Nice! That is a very interesting fold. I like how the ribbon closes it.

Terrie--Beautiful color combo!! I love it!

Thanks for "whipping up" this recipe!
Whispers

Your card is lovely, Terrie. The black outline on the tag really shows it off. I like the tailored papers you used and the way the roses softens the card. Nicely done!!
Ellie

For this, I used the Double Dutch Fold http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/doubledutchfold/ which was simple, but so fun. There is ribbon, which slides off with the rose attached, to open it fully and 4 pieces of bling. And, there are roses ALL over it with 1 popped up on the slide off piece.
Sat - Recipe (352x400).jpg
Sat - Recipe (352x400).jpg (112.94 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Okay, this is on a kraft base, but the colors on the patterned papers are pretty close. It is so much better to photograph in natural light. Oh well.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie, your card is a stunner! (Ever wonder if the recipients have any clue how long it takes?)

Terrie, really pretty and the black definitely does show off your tag.

Golda, what a soft, pretty card.
Elaine
eoconnell

Very pretty card, Golda. I agree with Elaine; it has ha nice softness to it.

Elaine, people frequently ask how long it takes to make card. When I tell them, their look of admiration changes to a look that says "Are you nuts?"
Ellie

Very nice Golda! I'll have to take a look at that fold tutorial when I get a chance. As we have to leave momentarily in order to be to church on time....That won't be now! :)
I do really like your paper though!
Whispers

Ellie, Amazing card. And I can believe it too a while to make... all good things take time, right? (I often ponder how much time I spend and then realize that it is 'mental health' time. So= Priceless!)

Terrie, such a pretty card. Love the pink and grey colors together.

Golda, going to check out the link when I get home from church. For now... might I say... Wow!

Here is my card. It took me over an hour to make... which is sad since I was using some 'card candy' from a friend. However, I also started four different cards before I settled on this one. (Let's just say that I have several baby animals standing by for future cards!)
My two little bits of bling are teeny... so gave you a close up. The close up also shows that I didn't get a very good impression with the stamp, so I outlined the sentiment with a Sharpie fine point marker. Because you know that is so much quicker than stamping another image... HA!
ImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Golda, great card and of course I like the color blue...
Is the rose flower on a folder?

Kathy, your card turned out really nice ....nice layout of your card

well done ladies
terrie

Oh, I like that, Kathy! That color combo always pops and you did it with style.
Ellie

Kathy, you are too funny with both the stamping and the spare animals just waiting for a home. It is a wonderful card!

Terrie, I stamped the rose on patterned paper, then layered that on another piece of the background card and mounted it on the ribbon. The card is fun, as the top flips up and the two little "doors" at the bottom open to the sides, so you can see the entire inside. The ribbon with the rose slides on to hold it all closed.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

PreviousNext

Return to Think Spring Crop -- February 18-21, 2015