Crop Chat

I'll be popping in and out today. I'm not sure I'll have a chance to work on any challenges today--maybe, we'll see. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon--checking in on Little 2. So that is going to take a hunk of the afternoon. (Though I am interested in seeing Bug's reaction to hearing the baby's hear beat, which with Bug they checked every visit so I assume they will this time too. :) )

I should be able to check bingo words from my phone though! :lol: :lol:
Whispers

Elaine, I'll be praying for you.

Well, I'm back, but went 42 hours without sleep (I don't suggest it), then I couldn't sleep in this morning (only got almost 8 hours). Yikes! I am going to be thinking and running slowly today. However, there is much to get done. I am hosting an early Mother's Day here on Sunday, so. . . Anyway, I'll do my best to try each challenge, however, if I miss one, don't take it personally.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Oh my gosh Golda! Rest up (go check the bingo words first!).
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudeenr wrote:Elaine - transitions are so hard...so take care of yourself!

Barry - did you get stuck in the protest traffic last night? Hubby's company let him work from home, so he was able to avoid it (and he'll do that tomorrow as well for the May Day Protests).

Trudi, no I didn't get caught in the traffic yesterday, today however will probably be a different story :cry: I have to be here at work but then I work in the International District and not so much in the heart of the city where alot of the protests will take place.

Elaine, we are thinking about you and so glad that you are participating without actually participating. WE are just always happy to read your posts and receive updates from you!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Okay, Trudi and Barry, this question is for you. . .my husband and I are going to be in Washington state for a couple of days, we're driving as close to straight through as we can get to Port Townsend next weekend, staying there a couple of nights, then up to Vancouver for a couple of nights, and straight down the 101. (We'll wind up in San Diego, then home.) Anyway, is there anything we should definitely see in Washington? We'll be driving from Port Townsend to Port Angeles, my husband wants to show me some places there, and look at the outside of his old house, then taking the ferry to and from Vancouver.

Anyone else have suggestions for definite must see places along the 101 highway?
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, I don't know much about what to see along Highway 101 but I love, love, love Port Townsend! If you have time and you love history I totally recommend the Rothschild house as a quick visit. But if you go do take the time to read about the history of the family and all the historical artifacts or take the tour. It is seasonal but I think you might be alright next weekend. The view from this house is stunning! Very, very interesting. Have fun and please let us know how the trip went!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Thanks for the info, Barry! I'll let you know how it goes.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Awwww Elaine....I'm sorry. I didn't realize my question was going to get the answer that you gave. Big hugs to you my friend...and keeping you in my prayers.

Golda...I read about your 48 hour adventure on FB. You go girl! I'm impressed!
SusieQ

Golda - There are so many places to visit! If you are taking a side trip, I would go out to Neah Bay to see Cape Flattery. You'll drive past lots of hiking opportunities in Olympic state parks, Hoh Rain Forest, Dungeness Spit and of course for the "Twilight" fans, La Push and Forks. Port Townsend and Port Angeles are great places to wander around in too!
Trudeenr

Thanks for the info, Trudi!

Okay, my friends, remember, you have until Tuesday at midnight PST to complete your creations and get them posted to the correct threads. The challenge hosts will post their winners on Wednesday morning.

Thanks to all of the challenge hosts, as well as our wonderful game host, for all the fun!

Thanks to everyone who joined in, too!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

PreviousNext

Return to Flowers and Showers Crop--April 29-May 2, 2015