Thurs Challenge - A wonderful world of color"- Winner is...

Good morning Sunshine! My challenge for today is to create a card using watercolors! You could make a background out of watercolors, paint a watercolor image for your card, use a watercolor as an embellishment. Anything that inspires you as long as you have used watercolors. For my card (I found a watercolor video of this technique on line) I stamped the "Thanks" using Versa Mark Ink and heat embossed it, then I water colored over the stamped image and just let the colors do their thing. Added some 'bling' and Viola' and it was just so much fun.

I hope you have fun with this and I simply cannot wait to see what you come up with!

Please create something different for each challenge you enter for this crop. You have until Tuesday, May 5 at midnight PST (gives you a couple more hours this time) to upload a picture of your creation for this challenge to be entered into a drawing for a prize. Thank you for playing along.

1. Terrie
2. Ellie
3. Sheri
4. Trudi
5. Marilyn
6. Golda
7. Susie --- WINNER!!!
8. Kathy
Last edited by Prince of Paper on Wed May 06, 2015 8:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry - I love the water color back ground, I can't wait to try it out.

PS...I can't wait to see what wonderful watercolor pictures Marilyn will create for this challenge!
Trudeenr

Barry, what a great challenge and your card is so bright and delightful! I just went on a crop last weekend and all I brought was watercolors with me. It was fun to be creative. Enjoy this challenge ladies!
Elaine
eoconnell

How fun, Barry! I will crack out my water colors and see what happens. Thanks for hosting!
Ellie

Great challenge and your card turned out really nice
terrie

I swirled and I twirled until it dried...then spattered waterdown green paint.
Attachments
4 30 2015 Watercolor.jpg
4 30 2015 Watercolor.jpg (174.67 KiB) Viewed 436 times
terrie

How pretty, Terrie!
Ellie

Terrie, that is pretty and so artistic looking! I thought at first it was gold instead of green and I was wondering how you did that.
Elaine
eoconnell

This is a technique I learned in my Watercolors for Card Makers class. I'd be happy to post directions if anyone wants to try it.
I'm posting two versions of this card because I can't decide about the sentiment. I have attached it with temp adhesive. Please help me out by telling me which version you like better. Thanks for a great challenge, Barry!

Barry requested directions so here they are: This is a resist technique.
1. Heat emboss a piece of watercolor paper with a background stamp using clear embossing powder.
2. Spritz the paper with water and paint all over it with watercolors. Let dry completely.
3. Put the piece between two sheets of ordinary copy paper and go over it with a hot iron to lift off the embossing.
You will see it coming through the top sheet of paper. Keep going over it until all of the embossing is gone.
4. You now have a smooth surface to stamp on. Stamp desired image and finish your card.
Easy Peasy!
Attachments
IMG_1817.jpg
IMG_1817.jpg (135.95 KiB) Viewed 428 times
IMG_1816.jpg
IMG_1816.jpg (136.83 KiB) Viewed 428 times
Last edited by Ellie on Fri May 01, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellie

I really like it, Ellie. And you could go either way.

Though I wonder if what you're unsure of with the sentiment is that it is so starkly white while the card is much more...muted(?--not sure that's the word I'm looking for).

...Maybe if you "inked"/watercolored a little around the edges of the white part of the sentiment to soften all the starkness of the white?
Whispers

Next

Return to Flowers and Showers Crop--April 29-May 2, 2015