Thurs Challenge - A wonderful world of color"- Winner is...

El, both ways look great but I agree with Sheri's assessment that maybe there is too much white on the sentiment and that's what you're unsure of. You could also try a smaller punch and leave it white to see if that is more to your liking.

Sheri, your recipe card is so soft and pretty!

Trudi, really cute card and such a fun stamp(s).

Marilyn, what a sweet little image! Love the little fairy baby!
Elaine
eoconnell

Barry, such a great challenge with a card to match!
Love everyone's creations so far!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Barry, this one will be a challenge for me. I have a hard time with watercolors... always overwork them and end out with a muddy mess. But... the cards people have posted inspire me to try.

Terrie- the purple with a touch of green really is a perfect backdrop for your butterfly.
Sheri, you did a great job of keeping your background clean and bright!
Ellie, I agree with other commenters, your stamping and watercoloring is excellent. The white cardstock is just a bit stark. I do like the round shaped sentiment in that spot.

Trudi, your card looks like a party! Is the cute little martini a charm? Love it!

Marilyn, you did a great job with that precious little image. And the sheen on the wings is perfect. Like Ellie, I need to check out those Twinkling H2O's.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Had a lot of fun with this one, too. Took me a while to find my little water paint tray (I bought it years and years ago at a back to school sale). I let the paint behind be the color for everything.
5-2-15 Thurs Water color (400x311).jpg
5-2-15 Thurs Water color (400x311).jpg (113.46 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda - I love how you placed the flower images on your background!

Kathy - yes, the silver martini glass is a metal sticker charm. I bought them to use for Samantha's 21st birthday invites but they "disappeared" before we could use them.
Trudeenr

Love the challenge and your card Barry!

Everyone's cards are all great! Thanks for sharing your tutorial Ellie...I will try that one day soon!

I had two attempts at this that ended up in the trash. I kept ending up with a muddy mess. On the third attempt I changed what colors I was using and liked the results I got. My card design / layout is totally copied from several cards I have seen and pinned on Pinterest. Glad I finally got the opportunity to try making one myself. Thanks for the challenge Barry!

watercolor birch tree resized.jpg
watercolor birch tree resized.jpg (37.49 KiB) Viewed 675 times
SusieQ

Nice job everyone!
Golda, I like the colors you chose and how you placed the flower images over the splashes of watercolor. Very abstract and lovely
Susie, glad to have you participate! I love your vibrant and beautiful background on the crispness of the white and just a touch of the black with the birds. Lovely card and I am totally going to scraplift this idea!

Thank you for all for playing along! Keep up the good work.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Great color combo, Golda, and that stamp looks great with your background.

Susan, that is just gorgeous!! You did a fantastic job with your watercolors and the whole design of the card is wonderful
Ellie

Susan, that is gorgeous! I love the white tree in front of the colorful sky, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Susie - I love the sunset you created!
Trudeenr

PreviousNext

Return to Flowers and Showers Crop--April 29-May 2, 2015